Newsjack Series 20 - February 2019 Page 25

Quote: Auditchris @ 14th March 2019, 6:18 PM

Blimey, I've got my series hat-trick! Absolutely delighted!

Ah for flip sake! That means I have no chance!
#oneChrisperepisode

Congrats AuditChris!

Nowt for me.
It's been an enjoyable few weeks though.

Well done AuditChis.
Good thing I am the kind of professional person who does not sulk...

Yes, it is fun doing this type of writing and fun to know others in the forum try too.

Quote: B T F @ 14th March 2019, 6:30 PM

Well done AuditChis.
Good thing I am the kind of professional person who does not sulk...

Yes, it is fun doing this type of writing and fun to know others in the forum try too.

It is, plus I know it has helped me with other areas of my writing too.

I have a huge book project I need to get out of the way in the next few days, but after that I will be reviewing some of the submissions I made and seeing if there are any salvageable bits for something else.

Happy other writing things everyone!

June, eyeing you already!

Avanti!

The funny thing is that with the Brexit delay...we'll get another EU heavy series.

Prefer the rejects cave anyway ;)

Many congrats AuditChris, brilliant success. Another blank for me. I'll have to wait until Septemberish now

Thanks everyone! Mine was the mint imperials gag at the start. Would've loved to get a sketch in the script but I have nothing to complain about.

Until September!

Great work Auditchris!

Blank week for me this time.

Well done Audit Chris, three on the bounce is different gravy!

Well done AuditChris and DBM!
Until next series.... :)

So my bad luck with Newsjack ended on a high of sorts, my recorded but cut was a one liner that didn't make the show because they used a very similar Newsjackapedia. That's fair but it's the second time this series I wrote a very similar joke to one that made the show.

That said I can now celebrate my first TV credit with Breaking the News

Many congrats Death By Monkey, great going. I'd love to get something on Breaking The News

For those on Twitter - I'm keen to hear your thoughts on this question:

https://twitter.com/thisisdouch/status/1132194077724872704?s=21

What are the stories you won't touch? Obviously there's the ones that are difficult to find humour in...but do you have a no politics policy, avoid back pages etc?

Hi All,

Ed Amsden & Tom Coles here, a comedy writing partnership working across TV & Radio (Have I Got News For You, Dead Ringers, 8 Out of 10 Cats, The News Quiz, etc).

Thought we'd let you all know about a short course we're running at the National Film and Television school, where we'll be teaching you how to write sketch comedy. Hopefully this should be of extra interest to you guys, as a large chunk of this focuses on writing for Radio 4 Extra's Newsjack. This is something we have particular insight into as we've been writing on the show for 10 series and been regular script editors on the show for 8 series.

Here's the link with all the necessary details: https://nfts.co.uk/comedy-sketch-writing-radio-tv

Any questions, feel free to give us a shout! Hope to see you all in September.

Thanks and all the best,

Ed & Tom