Timewasters - Series 2

Starts tonight with a double bill (?) 10pm on ITV2, AND it's set in "my" period, the 1950s. Can't wait if it is as good as the first lot, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/timewasters/special/series_2_q_and_a/

I've seen two of the episodes already and felt it was easily as good as Series 1 - although I can't pretend I didn't prefer the 1920s setting to the 50s. My fingers are crossed for Series 3, 4, 5...

Quote: Aaron @ 11th March 2019, 11:05 AM

...........although I can't pretend I didn't prefer the 1920s setting to the 50s.

Yes well that's 'cos you're not a Baby Boomer, but a mere stripling. :P

Just watched the first one and yes it was great. Anyone know who the white jazz band were?

Dragged in parts but it has a lot going for it. It can be quite funny and it's nice to have a low fantasy sitcom with promise. I also like the nod to Goodnight Sweetheart with playing modern songs in the past.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed both of these first two and am looking forward to how the sub-plots develop.

"We have not travelled through the infinite reaches of time for sideboob." Laughing out loud

"I just washed my penis for nothing!"

Laughing out loud

Another wonderful, laugh-out-loud episode tonight. Bravo.

It is very funny and original (apart from the similarities to Goodnight Sweetheart!).

Quote: Chappers @ 19th March 2019, 9:43 PM

(apart from the similarities to Goodnight Sweetheart!).

It's time travel or are they not allowed to make another series on the subject, besides it's a different era, different set up, different everything. You might as well say the similarities to Back To The Future. Anyway, I quite enjoyed it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th March 2019, 11:35 PM

It's time travel or are they not allowed to make another series on the subject, besides it's a different era, different set up, different everything. You might as well say the similarities to Back To The Future. Anyway, I quite enjoyed it.

I'm not being critical as I'm a fan but didn't Gary have a child in the past too?

Quote: Chappers @ 20th March 2019, 6:00 PM

I'm not being critical as I'm a fan but didn't Gary have a child in the past too?

So?

But I don't think he met him 30 years later did he and the son was older than the father.

He means Gary in Goodnight Sweetheart, and yes, he did.

The similarities to Back To The Future are a little more numerous, but that's because it pays specific and purposeful homage to the films - even name-checking and referencing them specifically in the first episode of Series 2. But I'm sure many of those similarities were not original to BTTF in the first place.

Beyond that, it's all inherent with the sci-fi subject matter.

Quote: Aaron @ 21st March 2019, 12:12 AM

He means Gary in Goodnight Sweetheart, and yes, he did.

Laughing out loud I've slipped into another time dimension, as your referring now to the post I deleted when I realised what he was referring to.