Only Fools and Horses - The Musical

The show was much better than I expected.

The setting for the show (Haymarket Theatre) was spot on. Not too big with just the right atmosphere etc.

I'm not into musicals but I did enjoy this. Great effort by all - Loved all the throwbacks to various storylines and one-liners.

Tom Bennet and Ryan Hutton made excellent work of Del and Rodney respectively. Bennett didn't sound an awful lot like Del, however, he made the performance his own etc.

Special mention has to go for the bloke playing Trigger and the bird playing Marlene. Uncanny.

Ignore the negative reviews - there's mostly positive feedback and it's really quite a charming and funny play. Great original song content as well.

What about Granddad?

Quote: Chappers @ 8th March 2019, 10:20 PM

What about Granddad?

I have it on good authority that he's lovely.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th March 2019, 10:20 PM

What about Granddad?

Whitehouse pulled it off to near perfection but not as perfect as Phil Daniels' efforts.

I'd love to see this but whilst critically it has been acclaimed, there does seem to be some very mixed fan reviews. Hopefully, it will be extended then I'll probably plan a London visit to see it.

The skit they did on Friday on Comic Relief wasn't too bad, I thought. However, looking at the YouTube comments some people still seem very mixed on the idea of being a 'musical'.

Will you be annoyed with yourself if you miss it?

I'd certainly recommend seeing the show. It's great fun.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th March 2019, 12:17 PM

Will you be annoyed with yourself if you miss it?

I'd certainly recommend seeing the show. It's great fun.

Here, here! And that is what it is - a homage to a great comedy and is purely fun.

Original upbeat and humourous songs and a wonderful take on some of the iconic moments of the show.

YouTubers are full of opinions. The show is so great that anything that is churned out such as GGG, Rock N Chips or this musical, gets its critics because it is still a long way off from the quality OFAH brought everybody. Bar set so high.

But what I say is - give it a chance. It is simply a bit of FUN!

FAO Aaron - the man in the know. Do you know if the OFAH Musical crew will release an official soundtrack of songs?

I think it's quite likely, but can't be certain.

Quote: Aaron @ 26th March 2019, 8:21 PM

I think it's quite likely, but can't be certain.

I do hope so.

Hi Guys,

To Celebrate the Only Fools and Horses Musical

I have just launched my Limited Editions of the Batman & Robin Only Fools and Horses Sketch Street Art / Collage.

https://ekim.gallery/product/only-fools-and-horses-batman-and-robin/

Only 75 Available.

Ekim

I saw this musical and I bloody loved it, very moving too. One minute you are laughing then the next minute you are crying.

Can't wait.