Newsjack Series 20 - February 2019 Page 22

Quote: GAP1 @ 7th March 2019, 8:23 PM

Brilliant Jeremy, AuditChris and SillySausage. I got the close but no cigar e-mail. Ah well, ready to go again next week.

Congrats GAP1.
Must be a nice feeling (says after having consumed Aldi 85p cider).

The Barbie turning 60 was my joke but I think it was tweaked a bit.

I liked the "naked people on a Blackpool rollercoaster" joke.

It's sort of double-barrelled because you think you get it, and it's funny - and then you really get it and it's even funnier! :D

Mine was the psychic powers gag which was totally off the cuff (as opposed to 'written'). As Danno said, it's never the one you think it'll be!

I thought they might have gone for my Newsjackipedia for Chlorinated chicken: When two people swim towards each other in the same lane until the very last second.

As always, wonderful to get a credit :)

Mine was the 'Shallow' Newsjackipedia about Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper - again definitely not the one I'd have expected them to go with.

Guess the lesson is if in doubt just submit it anyway.

Quote: Auditchris @ 8th March 2019, 6:17 AM

I thought they might have gone for my Newsjackipedia for Chlorinated chicken: When two people swim towards each other in the same lane until the very last second.

That is a good one - no doubt about it (in my view).

My guess is that the person who passed judgement on your joke is somewhat younger than you are and simply didn't get it.

Almost everybody who hears that joke will think they get it but they'll lack the necessary cultural references to fully appreciate it.

Anyone else massively struggling with sketches this week? I may just skip to one liners!

Hi Gang,

Quick question for those who have gotten credits this series - are you all sending your sketches and jokes to newsjacksubmissions@bbc.co.uk? I noticed that they mentioned a shorter address (newsjack@bbc.co.uk) on twitter, and I just want to satisfy myself that all the emails go to the same place.

Thanks!

Yes use the submissions email to send

( I think the other was given in reply to someone on twitter who wanted to know what their near miss - ie shortlisted but didn't make final edit - was )

Quote: Thosisd @ 10th March 2019, 6:26 PM

Anyone else massively struggling with sketches this week? I may just skip to one liners!

Yes. Just got two ideas. Not sure if funny. Little time now. Oh well..

I think NJ confirmed on Twitter that both email addresses go to the same place?

Right, that's me done for the series.

Good luck everyone.

Last bunch in. Against my better judgement I included one about R Kelly. Good luck all.

Quote: sillysausage @ 12th March 2019, 10:02 AM

Against my better judgement I included one about R Kelly.

I sent my entries off on Sunday and I included what I thought was an absolutely cracking joke about R Kelly.

Unfortunately, between then and now, the case has taken a somewhat darker and decidedly non-comedic turn so I'm not feeling hopeful.

I wrote all 7 of my one liners on the commute, this morning. I still think they're funny. Which means only one thing - an even bigger crushing defeat on Thursday.

Go down in flames, that's my motto!