Shakespeare and Hathaway Page 2

If you look at the quality of the cast and the production values, the series has "winner" written all over it.

Unfortunately, when you look at the script and the plot, it has something else entirely written all over it.

Surprising really when you consider that a good script for any given show costs a TV company no more than a bad one.

Just watching episode 3 of the new series. I've realised* that the Russian lady is played by the gorgeous Carol Royle who I haven't seen on TV for ages.

* Thanks to this wonderful web site.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th March 2019, 8:21 PM

Just watching episode 3 of the new series. I've realised that the Russian lady is played by the gorgeous Carol Royle

I've never heard of her but, having found a photo of her online, I have to say I definitely would.

I may even check out Episode three of "Shakespeare and Hathaway" to see her in theatrical action.

She starred in Life Without George back in the 80s (I think).

I also recognised the Russian who was her husband but again I had to look on here to find out who he was. He was in The Gentle Touch with another one of my favourite ladies Jill Gascoigne.

Christ- in the dire series finale the pc BBC even manage to get some bleeding heart, liberal social commentary in!

Quote: gb901 @ 8th March 2019, 3:26 PM

Christ- in the dire series finale the pc BBC even manage to get some bleeding heart, liberal social commentary in!

When patients require liquidised food, it's not unusual for a bit of hopefully-undetectable medicine to be added to the mix.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th March 2019, 3:56 PM

When patients require liquidised food, it's not unusual for a bit of hopefully-undetectable medicine to be added to the mix.

Sticks and stones...!

Didn't enjoy this second series as much as the first but I'd still watch a third. Not sure it's got enough mileage in it however to carry on past a third run, to be honest.

All in all however, a rather good easy to watch comedy-drama.

I'm still watching the second series but haven't watched the first yet. I'll see if it's still on Catch Up once I've finished this series.

Thought I'd try the first series, which is being re-run on Alibi (9pm Fridays). I have to say the first 3 episodes that have been transmitted to date are far better than those early episodes of Series 2 that I gave up on.

I watched all of series 2 first and then series 1.

I enjoyed it all. I grew to like Sebastian. I found him really annoying to start with though.

Great news - another two series have been commissioned.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5484/more_shakespeare_and_hathaway/

Quote: Aaron @ 9th September 2019, 4:33 PM

Great news - another two series have been commissioned.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5484/more_shakespeare_and_hathaway/

The second series storylines were demonstrably weaker than the firsts: if it continues with the next two there'll be lamentable!

Yes but it's not hardcore realism. It's light and fluffy and enjoyable.

3rd series started this week.