The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 693

Not long ago, didn't one of our number post a joke about somebody asking God to let Manchester United finish in the top four and that request being beyond the powers of the Almighty?

It was quite funny at the time.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 4th March 2019, 8:36 AM

Not long ago, didn't one of our number post a joke about somebody asking God to let Manchester United finish in the top four and that request being beyond the powers of the Almighty?

It was quite funny at the time.

It wouldn't be me!

Watching the England v Japan women's match. England have scored two brilliant goals so far including one from the evergreen Karen Carney. A brilliant footballer.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th March 2019, 11:03 PM

Watching the England v Japan women's match. England have scored two brilliant goals so far including one from the evergreen Karen Carney. A brilliant footballer.

Oh you are into that are you.

I only like the ones whose hair isn't tied stereotypically in a bun.

I could be at Sutton Utd next week. You saw Blunstone there. I should be at the Borderline for Blunstone on 28 April. Never seen him live before so that would be the fulfilling of a big ambition. Such a class act.

Wild Places: Colin's cover has the slightly fey majesty (and is rather wonderful cos of it) and the original is rather wonderful with the rather wonderful model in it. I have posted these before but they are both brilliant in their different ways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbMFHyYitGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zX3_lZBN7M

Quote: Chappers @ 5th March 2019, 11:03 PM

Saw first half the passing's got a lot better than it was a year or two back and they played proper football, they are starting to look quite good now, that's what full time professionalism does, trains them in technique and stuff. Defending not as frantic as it was although that's still the weak point.

All women's football has to do now is get the crowds in, which for some reason they can't do. Having a big event game on TV with mostly empty seats doesn't look good and the sponsors hate it. Won't be easy to resolve because women just don't seem to be tribally inclined like men so I can't see ever getting full stadiums. Shame.

Well done Man U , Ole has brought the magic back, the football wasn't great but the spirit made up for that. And he is showing the kids that they all have a chance as well, what a vibe the guy has brought to a club that lost its identity of late.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 6th March 2019, 10:07 PM

Well done Man U , Ole has brought the magic back, the football wasn't great but the spirit made up for that. And he is showing the kids that they all have a chance as well, what a vibe the guy has brought to a club that lost its identity of late.

Shit! Jammy bastards!

Great penalty, what pressure must that lad have been under?

Once again, Manchester United defy the odds, the bookies, the critics and almost everybody else in the world to snatch glorious victory from the jaws of defeat.

I can tell you one thing, folks - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is never going to have to buy a drink for himself in Manchester! :D

I like the way he never once mentioned how many first team players he had injured or suspended. If that was Herr Klopp he would expect reporters to wear black armbands for the interview and would have demanded UEFA step in and give him special dispensation into the next round

A disgusting display as a Birmingham City fan ran out of the stands and punched Villa's Grealish from behind. Grealish took his revenge by scoring the winning goal.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th March 2019, 2:40 PM

a Birmingham City fan ran out of the stands and punched Villa's Grealish from behind.

I have a feeling, based on 21st-century British justice, that he'll be fined £5 for doing that.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 10th March 2019, 2:57 PM

I have a feeling, based on 21st-century British justice, that he'll be fined £5 for doing that.

With a firm smack on the bottom had he stabbed him with a knife.

I hope his jailers taunted him when Grealish scored the winning goal later in the match.

I see that England played Montenegro tonight. Surely to be politically correct should it not be Monte-of colour?

Quote: Chappers @ 25th March 2019, 9:58 PM

I see that England played Montenegro tonight. Surely to be politically correct should it not be Monte-of colour?

I used to have a black friend whose name was Monty.

I also simultaneously had a white friend whose name was Monty.

In order to distinguish between them when referring to them in their absence, I called the white one "Monty Caucasian" and the black one just "Monty".

Initially, I had called the white one just "Monty" and the black one "Monty Python" but then my girlfriend took rather too much of an interest in him so I decided to rethink my naming strategy.