Newsjack Series 20 - February 2019 Page 18

thanks everyone!
BTF - not nosy at all! And yes, it was much longer than our original and lots added, but were able to hear some of our lines in there which was great. We'd written it as just the presenters discussing what was coming up, but their version was much better! :)

Congrats Bonzo and Exeter Chris. I'm green with envy.

Does anyone else not send anything in if they're not happy with their work? I'd quite like to get invited into the writers room one day (I have friends who this has happened to) and I'd rather if they ever reviewed all my work that is was fairly solid.

Quote: AidanMcComedy @ 1st March 2019, 10:09 PM

Does anyone else not send anything in if they're not happy with their work? I'd quite like to get invited into the writers room one day (I have friends who this has happened to) and I'd rather if they ever reviewed all my work that is was fairly solid.

Never got anything on so not the best to comment but I struggle to find time to write something I am completely happy with most of the time so I just stick it in - in the hope they might like the idea and might want to rewrite an idea....I try not to put something completely rubbish in now though. Not saying I succeed with that..... I am a perfectionist so am not sure I would ever be happy with my work even if I made more time. I am not at the stage of thinking of getting in the writers' room yet though :D

Congratulations everyone who got something on - I feel like I'm not having much luck this series, especially as the last joke on the show was incredibly similar to a GW/BW I submitted:

1. It's been a bad week for pious vicars after the Church of England ruled Sunday services are no longer compulsory. But it's been a good week for God who finally gets a Sunday morning lie in.

Also as some people liked my favourite sketch I submitted to episode 3, I thought I'd do the same for my favourite sketch I wrote for episode 4 - https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34884/

Going to be fairly busy today, so just one sketch done and submitted. Not rushing to get a second in. Good luck, folks!

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 3rd March 2019, 7:19 PM

Congratulations everyone who got something on - I feel like I'm not having much luck this series, especially as the last joke on the show was incredibly similar to a GW/BW I submitted:

1. It's been a bad week for pious vicars after the Church of England ruled Sunday services are no longer compulsory. But it's been a good week for God who finally gets a Sunday morning lie in.

Also as some people liked my favourite sketch I submitted to episode 3, I thought I'd do the same for my favourite sketch I wrote for episode 4 - https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34884/

Very good. You were unlucky.

The rush. The rush. Got two quick ones in. Good luck.

Just the one for me. Gave up on my second idea having got as far as casting Chuck Norris in the role of Jeremy Corbyn. Errrr CUT!!!

Only one sketch and two oneliners for me this week, really struggled to make anything actually funny out of this weeks news

Busy day for me, so a full compliment submitted before 9. On with the day, and good luck all!

Did 9. Two of the ones I read out to a tester - the tester did not get the intended joke. So had to do a quick delete and rethink.
Good luck with beating the numbers.

Got there in the end. Quite excited about a couple of them, which as we all know is a Newsjack death knell. Bon chance fellow funny people.

Quote: Danno @ 5th March 2019, 12:48 PM

Got there in the end. Quite excited about a couple of them, which as we all know is a Newsjack death knell. Bon chance fellow funny people.

Ha! I was pretty much writing my 'Thank you' speech after submitting a sketch last week. I thought it was nailed on. Comedy gold.

I've been very ill the past few days and I've sent them a right load of dross this week. Certainly nothing even remotely amusing. So I'll likely get a few broadcast ;)

Sent 9 in this week but certainly not hopeful. Was trying to cram last night but a lot of the breaking news (celebrity deaths) certainly wasn't joke-worthy and I guess pushed other news off my usual sources of inspiration.
That's my excuse anyway...