Fleabag Page 2

Sorry, but you really think Fleabag is more original than Toast of London?

Quote: Chappers @ 1st September 2016, 2:28 PM

I think it's probably a girl thing.

not a girl

Quote: Chappers @ 1st September 2016, 2:28 PM

I think it's probably a girl thing.

I'm a girl (most of the time, anyway!); I've seen the London monologue PWB based the series on, which was both funny and tragic. So far I've watched two episodes of 'Fleabag' on iPlayer and ... I'm unmoved and rather depressed by it all. I guess it's 'gritty and true to life', but it's all a bit too unrelenting for my taste. As for Olivia (a great actor, but the hyperbole surrounding her talent has turned her into a divine entity) Colman as her stepmother - hmmm.

Maybe Collie should be put out to roam?

Very much looking forward to this, it's on iPlayer from 10

I like "Fleabag".

Phoebe Waller-Bridge and I may have little in common on the surface but it seems we are in perfect agreement when it comes to the question of whether or not women on television can be funny without falling over every five minutes.

Well, that was great. I assumed the whole series would be on though. For some reason they don't count iPlayer views as much as TV ones so I guess it makes sense, but it still feels a bit behind the times

Quote: jsg @ 4th March 2019, 11:32 AM

Well, that was great. I assumed the whole series would be on though. For some reason they don't count iPlayer views as much as TV ones so I guess it makes sense, but it still feels a bit behind the times

I'm glad it's one at a time. We're becoming so conditioned to binge everything now now now, it's refreshing to savour an episode then have that delicious anticipation for the next one. As for episode one? Glorious. Phoebe Waller Bridge is one of the best writers working in television, no hyperbole. Laughs, gasps and unbearable tension, each line loaded with subtext.

Just seen it, and I'm bowled over. Sharp, funny, painful and illuminating. Superb acting from everyone. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is the brightest comedy and acting talent for many a year. Can't wait to see the rest!

Tonight's dialogue contained a sentence that I doubt anybody in the world has ever uttered before or will ever utter in the future unless they're quoting from this episode.

Phoebe is original, I'll give her that.

Come on, Rood Eye, stop teasing us!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 4th March 2019, 11:11 PM

Tonight's dialogue contained a sentence that I doubt anybody in the world has ever uttered before or will ever utter in the future unless they're quoting from this episode.

Quote: beaky @ 5th March 2019, 9:35 AM

Come on, Rood Eye, stop teasing us!

:O :O :O :O "Get your hands off my miscarriage!" :O :O :O :O

I watched the first series but couldn't see the attraction to it at all. Yes there was some funny scenes and some good acting throughout but I couldn't understand whether it's meant to be a 'sitcom' or a 'drama'. Personally, I don't think it's funny enough to be a sitcom.

Well, after the BBC had hyped this to death I was expecting something on a par with Fawlty Towers or Blackadder, so to get half an hour of some middle-class metropolitan elite London hipster woman saying inappropriate things and mugging to the camera every few minutes was a bit of a disappointment to say the least, Neither funny enough to be comedy or plot-driven enough to pass as drama. Should have been left on the BBC3 website - a comedy aimed predominantly at Islington feminists doesn't have the mainstream appeal to be on BBC1.

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 5th March 2019, 2:13 PM

Should have been left on the BBC3 website - a comedy aimed predominantly at Islington feminists doesn't have the mainstream appeal to be on BBC1.

It got 1.5 million viewers in the graveyard slot, which isn't too bad, and I expect will be up quite a bit when iPlayer figures are out. Personally I would've put it on a bit earlier.