Newsjack Series 20 - February 2019 Page 17

Nope, no emails, but I wasn't especially confident this week, only sent in 3 one liners (one of each), all of which were awful, and one sketch based on the Nike app crashing, which was also no good.

Congrats to those who did get an email, excited for tonight's show to hear what you've all done with this weeks news.

Well done, Sausage!

Nothing for me. My first attempt was the last episode of Season 19, and I got a one-liner and NewsJackpedia in the episode. Was dead chuffed and thought I had NewsJack sussed but t'was perhaps not the case...

I got the good email - first one of the series. Be interested to see which one made the cut as nothing really stood out for me this week. Very pleased though!

Quote: Exe Chris @ 28th February 2019, 6:33 PM

I got the good email - first one of the series. Be interested to see which one made the cut as nothing really stood out for me this week. Very pleased though!

Nice work!

Nothing here, though I struggled this week. My one liners were rushed and pretty poor - I won't even be posting them in rejects!

As for sketches I don't think you can be too disappointed for not getting one in the script! Most are written by the writers room (I saw on Twitter a couple of weeks ago that two people had two sketches each in the show) so there are only a few 'open spots' up for grabs each week. It is what it is. It makes you write and get better - easy to lose sight of that when you're so keen to 'get in.'

Very well done to those who got in this week!

Can't believe we're already about to start writing week five!

Quote: Auditchris @ 28th February 2019, 6:52 PM

As for sketches I don't think you can be too disappointed for not getting one in the script! Most are written by the writers room (I saw on Twitter a couple of weeks ago that two people had two sketches each in the show) so there are only a few 'open spots' up for grabs each week. It is what it is. It makes you write and get better - easy to lose sight of that when you're so keen to 'get in.'

Very true. My writing has developed significantly over the last 2-3 years thanks to NJ. My ability to turn a new story into a concept has also grown.

Thursday sulk starting to ease off, getting ready for episode five. It's amazing how quick the time goes. I still measure a period of six weeks as a 'summer holiday' and they used to last forever.

Well done Sausage and Exe Chris

( meagre entry quota from me this week - will try and up my game for the next episode )

Well done Exe Chris!

Well done Exe Chris and Silly Sausage!

We also got the good email. Ours was the olympics sketch.

Well done. Looking forward to hearing it on my drive to work.

Quote: Auditchris @ 28th February 2019, 6:52 PM

Nothing here, though I struggled this week. My one liners were rushed and pretty poor - I won't even be posting them in rejects!

Very well done to those who got in this week!

Can't believe we're already about to start writing week five!

All true

Quote: Exe Chris @ 28th February 2019, 6:33 PM

Well done. Which one x

Quote: Bonzo @ 1st March 2019, 12:09 AM

O8
I liked it. Great idea. Did they rewrite much? Ignore it if that is nosy.

Well done you three, excellent work! This is the only series I've not got something on for a good few series (I got the nearly email on episode 2 though ) so really don't wanna ruin the streak! On to episode 5!

J x

Quote: Bonzo @ 1st March 2019, 12:09 AM

Really enjoyed it. Saw the story, but didn't get anything so moved on quick. Really nice take on it.

Awesome, Bonzo!

Haven't had chance to listen yet, but I've got the husband inspired by all the writing to give submitting something a go for the last 2 weeks!

Well done everyone who got in, fantastic writing