Henning Wehn Page 4

Quote: Chappers @ 12th April 2016, 12:20 AM BST

Doing what?

He was great on Have I got News for You this week giving and taking German stereotype jokes.

I especially liked the Dresden reference.

Their marketing department.

I thought he was great on HIGNFY this week.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th April 2016, 12:20 AM BST

Has anyone said he's like Woody Harrelson with a brain injury yet? Or is that going too far?

I think Germans have a wonderful sense of humour but I see him on the usual panel shows and he never says anything remotely amusing. I should give his stand up a try but I wouldn't be able to stop thinking "poor Woody".

I thought he was great on HIGNFY this week. :)

I'll give his stand up a try because that's his home ground and it's an art form which I can't fairly judge from what I've seen so far in a few panel shows where his responses are probably scripted and rehersed. He's too predictable and I would like to see him more spontanious and speaking in German. I don't want predictable gags I want to be shocked and surprised.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th April 2016, 1:04 AM BST

....probably scripted and rehersed. He's too predictable...

Based on his HIGNFY appearance I can see why you would say that. But his act doesn't have any "Don't mention the war" jokes in it. He has a unique delivery; his intonation and stance. He also gives us the European perspective of the UK, it's not easy taking the piss out of your audience in their back yard. In fact can't think of another European comedian (not from the UK or Ireland) that's made it as big as he has in the UK. I'd recommend him.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 12th April 2016, 12:44 AM BST

I thought he was great on HIGNFY this week. :)

Not a big fan of his, but yes he was excellent on HIGNFY

I haven't seen that much of him but I like what I have seen. I find him refreshingly different.

He is a very funny man.

He's not the only one - that Python German Killer joke revealed at last!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvyhVf6Hv1Q

He was on Would I l Lie To You? and 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown, both at 9 o'clock.

How did he do that? I never noticed him disappear.

He's on Question Time tonight.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th February 2019, 7:47 PM

He's on Question Time tonight.

Cheers, Billy!

I really like Henning Wehn, not only because he's a bloody good comedian but also because he explodes the myth that Germans are a miserable load of bastards. Indeed, he explodes the myth popularised in the 1940s and afterwards that Germans are a load of bastards - full stop.

He has grown on me a lot since my previous comments and I see him now as a warm personality who is very good natured and capable of deflecting piss taking on panel shows like 8 Out Of Ten Cats. He has a charming wit and I like it when he draws on German history and culture. Their sense of humour is misunderstood but I've witnessed it when I worked in a hotel and served food and drink to a group of German builders every day for a few months. The humour was subtle and dry but they were all nice and I think they liked me.