Stewart Lee Page 30

Oh, I didn't think he was selling stuff as he said he wasn't just before the show ended? Poo.
Excellent about MusicMagpie trawling and the Deacon Blue callbacks, and the explanations with the hand were hilarious. I would love to see it all over again!
A great show and glad to see he hasn't changed his style for this big tour, a case in point being when he commented on if people had brought their friends as sections of the audience seemed to 'get' him and others didn't. For a minute or two I was thinking ''we're disappointing him as an audience, why aren't those shits laughing more' then the penny dropped.
He made a few references to Twitter and seemed to be aware of what other celebs were tweeting, yet he doesn't have his own account...I can understand why but wish he had!
The visual payoff at the end was very smart...and funny.

Oh and the Turkish Funk...

So, despite being adamant about taking a huge hiatus from stand up, a new show (well, technically two hour longs back to back) to run at Leicester Square Theatre from October. Tornado/Snowflake. This is the best news of the year.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 28th February 2019, 5:26 PM

(well, technically two hour-longs back to back)

Or, as they're sometimes known, a two-hour show with an interval? Unimpressed

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th February 2019, 6:19 PM

Don't be so bloody condescending. He specifically stated they are two separate shows, exploring separate themes. https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/6860/stewart-lee-tornado

Excellent news, thanks Sitcomfan for the heads up.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th February 2019, 6:19 PM

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 28th February 2019, 10:29 PM

Don't be so bloody condescending. He specifically stated they are two separate shows, exploring separate themes. https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/6860/stewart-lee-tornado

:O

The BBC have used a picture of Terry Christian to advertise Stewart Lee's new R4 documentary. I think that's maybe the best thing that's happened all year.

Quote: EllieS @ 13th June 2021, 6:33 PM

The BBC have used a picture of Terry Christian to advertise Stewart Lee's new R4 documentary. I think that's maybe the best thing that's happened all year.

:D

I wonder if it was on purpose since the documentary was on unreliable narrators. Although considering Lee's new look, they might have been better using a photo of Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses.

Quote: chipolata @ 14th June 2021, 9:47 AM

:D

I wonder if it was on purpose since the documentary was on unreliable narrators. Although considering Lee's new look, they might have been better using a photo of Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses.

If it was on purpose, it would have definitely been his idea as opposed to anyone on the R4 team. I suspect what happened was that someone Googled 'Stewart Lee' and because of his running joke of "xyz has let himself go", a picture of Terry came up and the intern who was tasked with finding the image was none the wiser. We could have just as easily ended up with a picture of Morrissey.

Off to see the old boy tomorrow and his much delayed Tornado/Snowflake show.
Can't wait

A fantastic night, Lee on top form.
Two separate 1hr shows - so good value too.
As Lee said, he didn't realise Hereford had a Liberal Metropolitan Elite.

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th March 2022, 10:05 AM

A fantastic night, Lee on top form.
Two separate 1hr shows - so good value too.
As Lee said, he didn't realise Hereford had a Liberal Metropolitan Elite.

I saw it the other day, a fantastic double bill. The first half was good, but I laughed so hard at an extended riff in the second half which went on so long but just got funnier and funnier, I ached afterwards.

Yep - a bloke in front of us nearly died during that bit.

He's Farage bashing again in The Guardian and to me it just sounds like professional jealousy that he can't get a pay check anywhere near as big as NF for his appearances on TV.

And my God if his stand up is anything like as laboured as his tediously formulated Guradian columns then they ought to supply pillows at his gigs because they'll be fast asleep well before the end of his toturously unfunny twaddle.

His column is the highlight of my week.
Surprised to find you are a Guardian reader, though.