I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,014

To be fair any memorial that highlights our capability to be inhumane as individuals or nations is well worth erecting.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th February 2019, 1:14 PM

To be fair any memorial that highlights our capability to be inhumane as individuals or nations is well worth erecting.

ISIS SOLDIER IN A BOMBED-OUT BUILDING READING BCG FORUM ON HIS PHONE

SOLDIER: He's got a point. Man's inhumanity to man always gives me an erection.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th February 2019, 12:53 PM

Several of the announced Democrat presidential hopefuls for 2020 have announced support for paying reparations to African-Americans for slavery. No idea where the money would come from, but my suggestion would be to obtain it from the people who created the slave trade in the first place: Europeans. ;)

No, no! Forget that lot on the Continent - we will take FULL responsibility - please send your invoice to:

Muggins UK Ltd.,
c/o Bank of Wank
United Kunts

and mark your envelope "We've Got Shit Loads You Can Have It All"

Oh and, DaButt if you can put the word round, England would be very happy to compensate any person(s) who think they might be entitled to damages from the American Civil War. We will be only to happy to pick up the tab, no matter how large.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2019, 3:00 PM

England would be very happy to compensate any person(s) who think they might be entitled to damages from the American Civil War.

Bollocks to that!

I don't mind sending a few bob to anyone whose ancestors were shot by the British in the War of Independence but the Civil War was nothing to do with us! :O

I had an great great uncle in Birkenhead who got a really bad splinter building a Confederate ship and I want damages. Even now I only have to hear Dixie and I fall over and my ears wiggle,

This just in ! Trump is a lying cheating racist dickhead

Who'd a thunk it..!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2019, 11:41 AM

We like to put our hand up when there is ANY blame anywhere in the world and pay compensation even when it wasn't our fault and/or we had f**k all to do with it in the first place. But we're British you see and must show Johnny Foreigner how to keep a stiff upper lip and turn the other cheek when we are erroneously accused of ANYTHING.

I don't think the time is far off when some left wing loonie group decides what bastards we were for destroying the Aztec culture in the 16th century.

I blame that f**ker Drake.

I thought the bloody Eyeties started it - although some of those African empires had a big deal in slavery.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th February 2019, 12:53 PM

Several of the announced Democrat presidential hopefuls for 2020 have announced support for paying reparations to African-Americans for slavery. No idea where the money would come from, but my suggestion would be to obtain it from the people who created the slave trade in the first place: Europeans. ;)

But as I say they were dealing in slavery themselves.

James Acaster says his girlfriend of two years, Louise Ford, has dumped him for Rowan Atkinson and that he found out by reading the story in a newspaper.

Apparently, James, 34, opened The Sun On Sunday to discover news of the relationship - which blossomed after Louise, 36, became close to Rowan, 64, during a play they did together.

Rowan is known all over the world as Mr Bean.

I have a feeling James is about to become known, at least among Louise's friends and family, as Mr Has-Been.

Manchester Grammar School is in the news today and newspapers are, for some reason, informing the world that former pupils of the school include cricketer Mike Atherton.

While that is perfectly true, I'm surprised they picked Mike Atherton as their sole example of an ex-pupil when they could equally well have picked any or all of: actor Ben Kingsley, comedian Chris Addison, historian Michael Wood, actor Robert Powell, writer Alan Garner and Oscar-winning screenwriter Robert Bolt (who gave us Lawrence of Arabia, Dr Zhivago and a Man for All Seasons).

Morgan - the iconic British sports car company - has been bought, after 109 years in family ownership, by the Italians.

I remember when you could buy a Morgan +8 brand-new for £1200.

Mind you, in those days that was a decent year's wages - before deductions.

It was Rowan's lazy river what did it.

(Get your Urban Dictionaries out and be amazed)

Incidentally, I am one of the 98% whose families from Blackfriars didn't even have shoes during the Empire and I want my money back. If not, a cotton and shellac plant on the outskirts of Grimethorpe will suffice.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th March 2019, 11:22 PM

Morgan - the iconic British sports car company -

My father always wanted a Morgan. He owned several Triumph TR3s over the years. About 45 years ago a college kid drove past our house in one and my father flagged him down. Thirty minutes later he was the new owner. I loved when he'd drive me to school in it and claim that the speedometer was broken and we weren't really going 100 MPH. :)

Live streaming Mardi Gras video from Bourbon Street in New Orleans:

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/?cam=catsmeow2

EDIT: I should note that people tend to pull up their shirts to beg for beads, so you may see something you don't want to see at that link.

Roxanne Pallet has reopened her Instagram account to express support for Michael Jackson, saying 'Just because you read it in a magazine or see it on the TV screen, don't make it factual...'

I think those words might carry more weight if they came from someone who actually knows what a fact is.

They're reporting that a major Google Chrome exploit is in the wild. Not many details yet, but everyone should update Chrome immediately.

https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2019/03/stable-channel-update-for-desktop.html

Quote: DaButt @ 7th March 2019, 4:46 PM

everyone should update Chrome immediately.

This might help:

Google has already launched a software update that fixes the bug, which went live on March 1. Some computers will have already updated, but if you are worried that your computer has not here is what to do:

1. Open Google Chome on your Windows PC or MacBook.

2. In the top right-hand corner, look at the three vertical dots.

3. If the symbol is green, an update has been available for two days, if it is orange it has been available for 4 days, if it is red it has been available for 7 days. If there is no colour on the icon you are up to date.

4. Click on the three dots and select Update Google Chrome, then Relaunch.

5. You can also click the three dots - Help - About Google Chrome to check you are on the latest version.