The Stand Up Sketch Show Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th February 2019, 11:59 PM

Only 4 episodes - what's that all about? :S Seems an odd amount for a sitcom.

I'm pretty sure I've watched five so far.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 27th February 2019, 1:58 PM

Come to think of it, so am I.

Having googled it, I'm also pretty sure Episode 6 is firmly booked in for next Monday.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th February 2019, 11:59 PM

Not so good this week, apart from Dane Baptiste - I like him. Maybe that's why? Question mark/full stop...................
.........................NEW sentence

Such a shame he couldn't manage any more "Sunny D" as I really enjoyed that. Only 4 episodes - what's that all about? :S Seems an odd amount for a sitcom.

KEY WORDS - Sunny D and Sitcom.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 27th February 2019, 1:58 PM

Quote: Rood Eye @ 27th February 2019, 2:04 PM

Come to think of it, so am I.
Having googled it, I'm also pretty sure Episode 6 is firmly booked in for next Monday.

Unimpressed

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2019, 3:12 PM

KEY WORDS - Sunny D and Sitcom.

I just assumed you thought the sketch show was a sitcom. I didn't say anything...I just thought...if he wants to call it a sitcom, he can...bless. That'll teach me to just skim a post and assume it relates to the original topic. :-)

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 27th February 2019, 3:59 PM

That'll teach me to just skim a post and assume it relates to the original topic. :-)

Yes, but you are not alone my child. Angelic And it came to pass that some never come to confession. Whistling nnocently

Peculiar numbers of episodes - such as four and five - are one of the peculiarities of BBC Three. Sadly they declined to commission a second series of Sunny D after the first.

And yet they wanted an American remake of it. How is there demand for that, but not a second series? Same thing as Whites

Russell Kane electric again this week with material that strikes a chord with me so much and makes for a hilarious routine.

He was on about the injustice of him being the sort that needs total darkness and quiet to get to sleep yet there are people who can drop off in an instant under any circumstances, and then related to that was him drinking a thimble full of Horlicks before going to bed and is up all night pissing whereas his wife/partner can glug down a 5 litre container of Ribena before getting into bed and go 12 hours solid sleep before having a "power piss" in the morning.

SO TRUE AND SO FUNNY - loved it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th March 2019, 7:09 AM

Russell Kane electric again this week with material that strikes a chord with me so much and makes for a hilarious routine.

He was on about the injustice of him being the sort that needs total darkness and quiet to get to sleep yet there are people who can drop off in an instant under any circumstances, and then related to that was him drinking a thimble full of Horlicks before going to bed and is up all night pissing whereas his wife/partner can glug down a 5 litre container of Ribena before getting into bed and go 12 hours solid sleep before having a "power piss" in the morning.

SO TRUE AND SO FUNNY - loved it.

Same here. My daughter said, "Why did she bring that huge tank of water in with only a small amount in?" Um...I think we're to assume she already drank the rest. Also...if she'd lifted a full tank that big above her head to swig some, she'd have ended up flat on her back with a crushed skull. We want it to be funny...but basic common sense...ya know. But, yes, he is amazing.

Marlon Davis really got me with his sketch about the girl who wouldn't get out of his bed. His patter really flows and he's visually great on stage too.

Again, the way the actors mime the comedians' words is just the icing on the cake. Russell's girlfriend when she said, "Was there a storm?" Just everything I need in a comedy show...it really is. Fast-paced, no time to go cold between lines. Some has done their homework on this. I bet we have to wait five years for a new series. If they wedge the gap with loads of episodes of that Out There series...well...I just don't know what I'll do. I'll probably...well...I'll just probably do nothing, to be honest. Hmph.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 7th March 2019, 1:27 PM

Same here. My daughter said, "Why did she bring that huge tank of water in with only a small amount in?"

Tut Tut, children innit. Pleased

I really miss this. Mondays are a bitch without it.

I wrote and sent off a brief synopsis of a sketch show , featuring real people acting out jokes, some 20 years ago . Never heard anything back , and now it's on the telly. My idea is much more in-depth than the stand up sketch show, is self perpetuating and would be totally funded by text in competition . I would love to pitch it to someone in it's entirety, but have no idea where to start. I honestly think ,if handled correctly, this would run and run ,and probably be picked up by other countries. Somebody help me. You'll not regret it.

Sadly, gone off a bit in new series, with people who are not funny.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th February 2022, 4:22 PM

Sadly, gone off a bit in new series, with people who are not funny.

Got even worse - where do they find these dorks? Prattling on about nothing, with the audience of morons (drugged presumably) laughing their heads off. Don't get it.

New series has picked up, with one of my favourites - Russell Kane and newcomer (?) Esther Manito, who was very funny.

Friday ITV 2 10.05pm

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_stand_up_sketch_show/episodes/5/1/