Newsjack Series 20 - February 2019 Page 14

Quote: Thosisd @ 22nd February 2019, 11:04 AM

Apparently I had a one liner, good week/bad week and a sketch all recorded...and all cut in edit.

Talk about a mixed bag of emotions right now!

Mine are not mixed...
Waiting for your blog.

Quote: Thosisd @ 22nd February 2019, 11:04 AM

Apparently I had a one liner, good week/bad week and a sketch all recorded...and all cut in edit.

Talk about a mixed bag of emotions right now!

That's phenomenal! I'd rather that than a single oneliner in the show to be honest. Consistently getting sketches in the script is an awesome achievement!

Quote: B T F @ 22nd February 2019, 11:10 AM

Mine are not mixed...
Waiting for your blog.

It's coming. Sorry - I decided to focus on my submissions instead. Although I like to think three in the script is as a result of attending the recording, so still keen to share as much advice as possible.

Quote: Auditchris @ 22nd February 2019, 11:13 AM

That's phenomenal! I'd rather that than a single oneliner in the show to be honest. Consistently getting sketches in the script is an awesome achievement!

Thanks, yeah I'm really happy with it. After very little success with the show I feel like I've finally started to deliver what they're looking for.

The sketch was my take on the 'class clowns' in space story. Instead of sending comedians, I changed the concept to a captain trapped on a journey to Mars with a clown he's secretly terrified of.

Quote: Auditchris @ 22nd February 2019, 9:04 AM

Well my Super Mario breaking news made the show. It wasn't my favourite but I'm terrible at judging my own material!

Always wonderful to get a credit, such a buzz.

That was a good one - and also a story I totally missed.

@Thosisd...strewth! your submissions must be as nifty as the Harlem Globetrotters. that's awesome work!

Thosisd I did a quick one on a depressed clown. Was not great.

Quote: B T F @ 22nd February 2019, 11:52 AM

Thosisd I did a quick one on a depressed clown. Was not great.

Can definitely see that working. Send a clown to boost morale but they're actually the lowest of the bunch?

Quote: Thosisd @ 22nd February 2019, 12:24 PM

Can definitely see that working. Send a clown to boost morale but they're actually the lowest of the bunch?

Yes x

Nice one. Sounds like your ideas are suitable. Keep going and I'm sure you'll get some success.

Quote: Thosisd @ 22nd February 2019, 1:12 PM

Nice one. Sounds like your ideas are suitable. Keep going and I'm sure you'll get some success.

Hmm
Very kind of you.

It's 4 minutes to, and I will have to concede defeat on the sketches this week. Been too busy travelling all weekend, and had one sketch written about AJA Cortes's list, but not good enough to submit. I will cannabilise it for a one-liner I think.

I stuck a quick one in which was not good enough.

I bottled it this week. Contracted the inevitable mid-series blues.

AJA Cortes' list is an interesting topic. I pretty much bottled it as what I did was very rushed. Sketch on rural church services scrapped on Sunday. Just managed intro gag and punchline with bit in middle but no hope unless they rewrite!

Hi, complete newbie here... I've just submitted my first ever sketch at 12 o'clock exactly (12:00), but got an automated reply (below). I guess that means my email didn't arrive in their inbox till 12:01 and I've missed the deadline - does anyone know? Lesson learned I guess :-)

Thanks for submitting to Newsjack

Our new series starts on 7th Feburary on Radio 4Extra, and we will be taking submissions from Thursday 31st January.

Any submissions recieved before this date will not be read.

Once the series has started, the deadlines will be the following

Monday Midday - Sketches
Tuesday Midday - One liners

Thanks!

Team Newsjack

Quote: Newbie @ 25th February 2019, 12:46 PM

Hi, complete newbie here... I've just submitted my first ever sketch at 12 o'clock exactly (12:00), but got an automated reply (below). I guess that means my email didn't arrive in their inbox till 12:01 and I've missed the deadline - does anyone know? Lesson learned I guess :-)

Thanks for submitting to Newsjack

Our new series starts on 7th Feburary on Radio 4Extra, and we will be taking submissions from Thursday 31st January.

Any submissions recieved before this date will not be read.

Once the series has started, the deadlines will be the following

Monday Midday - Sketches
Tuesday Midday - One liners

Thanks!

Team Newsjack

I think it will be fine.
You could email and say you are a newbie and wanted to check it was received in time maybe..