Newsjack Series 20 - February 2019 Page 13

props to all the 'ins' and 'not quites'

no room at the inn for me this week, but at least i'm keeping it biblical

Congrats to all the ins and nearlys, nothing for us this week.

First time I've had an in or a maybe since September 2017 - tenacity pays! Well done to all the others who got in this week and good luck to everyone next week.

Great job everyone who got the emails. Nothing for me this week. Looking forward to hearing more of the good week / bad week to see how it grows.

I got the "almost" e-mail.

Well done to all the ins and the nearly ins

Many congratulations to those blessed with either e-mail. In my experience of attending recordings, and then listening to the broadcast, there are few, if any, items obviously worthy of being cut. Very much a close call by the editors.

Well done to everyone for the nearlys and ins! Will be interesting to know which ones got on / nearly did!

J x

Well done to those of you who got something on. Nothing for me. But then I only sent two jokes. I need to up my game.

Quote: B T F @ 21st February 2019, 11:28 PM

Danno's question, does anyone have experience of one-liner sorting or how it works?

I guess a group of them go through all the entries? Getting in can feel like a lottery, perhaps because you have to write something decent AND hope whoever reads it appreciates your humour?

Well my Super Mario breaking news made the show. It wasn't my favourite but I'm terrible at judging my own material!

Always wonderful to get a credit, such a buzz.

Quote: AidanMcComedy @ 22nd February 2019, 9:03 AM

I guess a group of them go through all the entries? Getting in can feel like a lottery, perhaps because you have to write something decent AND hope whoever reads it appreciates your humour?

Yes. I think there is a lot of the lottery about it.

Quote: Auditchris @ 22nd February 2019, 9:04 AM

Well my Super Mario breaking news made the show. It wasn't my favourite but I'm terrible at judging my own material!

Always wonderful to get a credit, such a buzz.

Well done for getting on.

I'm just curious as to how NJ divi it all up and keep everyone fresh. Also, if you're reading a hundred jokes and three are excruciatingly similar, how do you pick? Be encouraging to think that in those situations someone without a credit would get the nod (that's assuming NJ have a black book of names).
Anyway, it is what it is, bit naughty of me dredging all this back up because I know it's been discussed to within an inch of its life a few forums ago.

Quote: Danno @ 22nd February 2019, 9:56 AM

I'm just curious as to how NJ divi it all up and keep everyone fresh. Also, if you're reading a hundred jokes and three are excruciatingly similar, how do you pick? Be encouraging to think that in those situations someone without a credit would get the nod (that's assuming NJ have a black book of names).
Anyway, it is what it is, bit naughty of me dredging all this back up because I know it's been discussed to within an inch of its life a few forums ago.

No probs Danno.
And yes it is what it is. No point in extensive discussion..

Apparently I had a one liner, a good week/bad week, and a sketch all recorded...and all cut in edit.

Talk about a mixed bag of emotions right now!