Newsjack Series 20 - February 2019 Page 11

Only first week and I'm already enjoying writing for Good Week, Bad Week more than Newsjackpedia!

Quote: Danno @ 19th February 2019, 2:36 PM

Went for climate strikes (yeah, i know) and dodgy Fortnite Festival for sketches.
Well pleased with a couple of my jackpedias, never a good sign. Really enjoying that format this series.
Struggled with the 'good news bad news' but did land a half decent one after an hour of naval gazing.
Hey, some great ideas floating around out there, all bodes well.

Fortnite festival - hilarious story. Best of luck.
I was not keen on my jokes last week even when I put them in. Looking back most were not good. This week I like the ones in today. I will try the test and look at them in a week's time to see if my opinion has changed.

Quote: AidanMcComedy @ 19th February 2019, 3:11 PM

Only first week and I'm already enjoying writing for Good Week, Bad Week more than Newsjackpedia!

Same. Really like new format.

Love the positivity this week.

I'm feeling it too but trying to not set myself up for a crushing Thursday evening!

I think the addition of GWBW has reenergised us and certainly gives the impression that there's more opportunity.

Good luck everyone. Let's hope there's some winners amongst us.

Good luck everyone! :)

Wah! So those of us doing jokes dependant on the number 7 have Joan Ryan to thank for it now being 8. Ah well, that's the way the topical cookie crumbles!

Good luck everyone!

It feels like quite an effort coming up with nine one-liners but can't bear to not submit a full quota. Good luck one and all!

I had several ideas around the same news story, so submitted a one liner, Newsjackipedia, and a GWBW to cover all my bases. Only time (*) will tell if it worked.

* i.e. Thursday evening

Has anyone here ever been involved in the writing room or had to sift through the oneliners?

Not yet, but when I do, Danno, for a small fee..........

( Incidentally, absolutely disgraceful that these others mps decide to quite their parties after this weeks deadlinse )

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 20th February 2019, 11:57 AM

( Incidentally, absolutely disgraceful that these others mps decide to quite their parties after this weeks deadlinse )

Absolutely! My Newsjack week:

Thursday : Waiting with anticipation for the good email
Friday : News happens, and some interest is paid, but worry that the weekend will erase the stories from the collective memory
Saturday : Read every news site going. Procrastinate about writing
Sunday : Realise the sketch deadline is tomorrow and panic
Monday : Pretend to work, whilst polishing the sketches. Realise you haven't written any one liners. Submit sketches. Re-read them and realise they're not as funny as you thought.
Tuesday : Pretend to work, whilst polishing the one liners. Submit one liners. Re-read them and realise they're not as funny as you thought.
Wednesday: All the interesting news happens, while staff writers smile and we cry

Repeat 6 times per season.

LOL....all of the above!

Just found the rejects thread. Some great gags floating around in there - well impressed! Just added some of mine if anyone's particularly bored.

Quote: Steev @ 20th February 2019, 12:32 PM

Absolutely! My Newsjack week:

Thursday : Waiting with anticipation for the good email
Friday : News happens, and some interest is paid, but worry that the weekend will erase the stories from the collective memory
Saturday : Read every news site going. Procrastinate about writing
Sunday : Realise the sketch deadline is tomorrow and panic
Monday : Pretend to work, whilst polishing the sketches. Realise you haven't written any one liners. Submit sketches. Re-read them and realise they're not as funny as you thought.
Tuesday : Pretend to work, whilst polishing the one liners. Submit one liners. Re-read them and realise they're not as funny as you thought.
Wednesday: All the interesting news happens, while staff writers smile and we cry

Repeat 6 times per season.

I do all that. For me, just need to add in sulking on Thursday evening as I grudgingly listen to a me-free show. Also, Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday and Thursday until 6pm the realisation sinks in that the jokes and sketches I sent (sometimes with great hope) are becoming more and more mediocre by the minute.

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 20th February 2019, 11:57 AM

Not yet, but when I do, Danno, for a small fee..........

Could not agree more. Glad I avoided the Secret Seven / S Club 7 joke I was playing with, but I still went and quoted the number. As good a reason as any not to vote for them in future.

Did anyone go to the recording last night?

Good luck for today everyone!

J x

Nobody go?
For info looks like it is later tonight? On at 11.. X