Transgenderism and all that.

I'm sure most of us can look back over our lives and remember males who seemed a bit on the feminine side, and females who seemed a bit on the masculine side. In fact, I'm sure many of us can remember people who were more than 'a bit' on the other side.

Another thing I'm sure of is that people who want to transgender want to do so for many different reasons. The best reason is perhaps that they have the body of a man or a woman and yet feel they have a mind of the opposite sex. Their essential self is literally trapped in the wrong body. At the other end of the scale, there are surely people who simply fancy a (somewhat drastic) change.

In many cases, the process of changing gender involves the use of drugs and cosmetic surgery in order to give the person a more convincing overall appearance as well as a complete change in intimate plumbing.

I've seen a great many such cases on TV and it has to be said that the finished result is more convincing in some cases than in others.

There is one person, however, who is (to my mind, at any rate) the absolute and utter living proof that a woman can be born in a male body and that is a young woman called Jackie (née Jason) McCauliffe who is perhaps better known as the piano-playing prostitute in the 1998 BBC TV fly-on-the-wall docusoap series "Paddington Green".

I would defy anybody to watch her and listen to her on TV or even to meet her and talk to her in real life, and come to the conclusion that she has not always been 100% female.

When she released a CD of her piano playing, she was interviewed on James Whale's radio programme and a camera followed her into the studio. James had been briefed that he would be interviewing a male-to-female transsexual but, when Jackie walked into his studio, he was absolutely gobsmacked and it was clear that he had the greatest difficulty believing she wasn't a "natural" woman.

He told her that he was aware that medical science could do wonders in the field of sexual transitioning then added, still disbelieving what he saw before him, "but you can't change your skeleton!"

Jackie just gave a little shrug and sat down for the interview.

PS. I found a posting on an Internet forum in which a girl who was at sixth-form college with the then Jason said he was a really nice lad - and she always envied his legs! :D

Everybody's goal is to find happiness in life.
If changing gender is what you desire then good luck.

I don't mean you, I mean generally.
I know a few (men to women) and they seem very content. I hope they are.
It's a shock when you first meet someone you knew as the opposite sex.
But only as much as a shock as someone who was always a brunette and suddenly is now a brassy blonde

It's the angry ones that spoil it for the rest, the ones that kick up a fuss or even prosecute for so called dead naming them or mis-gendering.

Yes. The daughter of an old pal of mine (now deceased) became male just over a year ago and is apparently leading a much happier life.

You really have got to live and let live. However there are still some very intolerant people around who cause problems for trans people.

I've just watched the first episode of Baptiste. One of the main characters is really trans but looks stunning.

I see Martina Navratilova has been booted out of a LGBTQ+ body for being transphobic. (or maybe truthful)

A US-based organisation that campaigns for LGBT sportspeople has cut its links with tennis legend Martina Navratilova over comments she made about male-to-female transgender athletes.

The 18-times Grand Slam winner wrote it was "cheating" to allow transgender women to compete in women's sport as they had unfair physical advantages.

Athlete Ally said the remarks were transphobic

It's funny how times change. I remember back at school, one day, when I cut my knob and balls off, and declared I was a girl. The teacher called me a foolish attention seeker and sent me home, where I died of blood loss. These days, of course, I would be rightly treated as a hero and allowed to use the girls' toilets.

I don't understand how so-called comedians such as Barry Humphries and so-called tennis players such as Martina Navratilova are allowed to get away with criminal assault. Because let's be honest, any single negative comment or negative thought regarding transgender people can lead to suicide and is therefore criminal assault, akin to murder.

As for me, these days I identify as a Yorkshire Terrier (a female one) and I demand the right to compete at Crufts. Anyone who dares to mock me or make any disparaging comment is a disgusting, speciesist, sexist cynophobe.

Quote: Kenneth @ 20th February 2019, 2:55 PM

I cut my knob and balls off, and declared I was a girl.

There was a recent TV discussion before a live audience in which a panel discussed various aspects of being transgender.

Everything was going smoothly until the host turned to Germaine Greer and reminded her that she had once said that cutting off a man's penis does not turn him into a woman.

The reaction from the other panellists and from the audience was similar to what might have been expected if she'd said that the Nazi Holocaust was a bloody good idea.

She was put very much on the back foot and claimed not to remember ever having said such a thing.

Watching the show, I was absolutely amazed that she didn't stick to her guns and point out the blindingly obvious truth of what she was alleged to have said.

Indeed, I would be absolutely amazed if anyone who is no longer at primary school would stand before a TV camera and say that, if you cut off a man's penis, he immediately becomes a woman.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th February 2019, 3:25 PM

Indeed, I would be absolutely amazed if anyone who is no longer at primary school would stand before a TV camera and say that, if you cut off a man's penis, he immediately becomes a woman.

It obviously isn't a literal statement, she's saying that trans people aren't the gender they identify with. But in any case, I don't really see how it's any of her business.

Quote: jsg @ 20th February 2019, 4:15 PM

It obviously isn't a literal statement, she's saying that trans people aren't the gender they identify with. But in any case, I don't really see how it's any of her business.

I'm very sad to say (I'm crying as I type this) that Germaine Greer really did mean it literally. Her hateful, horrible statement, not only offensive to trans people but also a gross, criminal attack on trans-species (especially people who identify as dogs) was this: "Just because you lop off your dick and then wear a dress doesn't make you a f**king woman. I've asked my doctor to give me long ears and liver spots and I'm going to wear a brown coat but that won't turn me into a f**king cocker spaniel."

I have it on good authority that this woman, who was once admired as a feminist, in her youth cavorted with none other than that horrible transphobe Barry Humphries. She would dress up as an underage schoolgirl and he would kiss and grope her in public, just to offend people. And she later consorted with that revolting old sexist Clive James. Honestly, these so-called Australians make me sick with their transphobic attitudes, They are worse than Rolf Harris.