Status report Page 6,029

Searching through an old Hard drive on my computer I found an Outlook Email account link.
I clicked on it and it opened BT Internet email account that I have not used for 15 years.

I have not been with them for that time but they obviously never cancelled it.

It took 15 minutes to download thousands of emails - every one of them spam or weekly flyers.

Except one; A friend I had lost touch with telling me he had been diagnosed with MS and when the time comes, he will go to Dignitas.
I cried my eyes out.
Two years ago, I read in the paper - he had gone to dignitas.
I had never read it before and it shook me to my boots.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th February 2019, 8:51 AM

Except one; A friend I had lost touch with telling me he had been diagnosed with MS and when the time comes, he will go to Dignitas.
I cried my eyes out.

Oh Steve, am so sorry - it brought a tear to my eye too. I've lost many friends in the last few years. Teary

Searching through an old Hard drive on my computer I found an Outlook Email account link.
I clicked on it and it opened BT Internet email account that I have not used for 15 years.

It took 15 minutes to download thousands of emails - every one of them spam or weekly flyers.

I cried my eyes out.

Sorry to hear this...and, even sadder, is that you didn't get to respond at the time...and he'll never know it was because you hadn't read his mail, rather than just having shyed away from him, due to the contents. I really feel for you. :-(

I cried my eyes out.

So sorry to hear this.

NEW SITCOM sketch show on YouTube, more nihilistic humour. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/wB1sM9h_zf4

Quote: channel 96 @ 18th February 2019, 11:29 AM

NEW SITCOM sketch show on YouTube, more nihilistic humour. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/wB1sM9h_zf4

No spamming, please!
Next time pick one thread to post your link in. Thanks. :)

Did anyone else have trouble accessing the site last night?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th February 2019, 11:05 PM

Yep.

Yes, it was inaccessible for a very long time. :(

Yes, I had to read a book!

And there's me thinking all this time I was a dyed in the wool thoroughbred Yorkshire man.
Ya know... Yorkshire born and bred - strong in the arm, thick in the......
I've been researching my family tree on that ancestry site - fascinating stuff.

Turns out I'm descended from Cockney Herberts and even further back from Jockland.
Many of my ancestors were in the Queen's Guard (Victoria) Fathers sons and brothers.

But the thing that really made me think was the census form from 1891. My great grandad filled it in and signed it.
His signature was exactly like mine - or t'other way round.
Suddenly, from people I had never known or heard of, the solid DNA link was there.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th February 2019, 8:43 AM

Many of my ancestors were in the Queen's Guard ...........................

Oooh, hello sailor :*

Turns out I'm descended from Cockney Herberts

Oy, ya fackah! Naffin' wrong withat! ;-)

And there's me thinking all this time I was a dyed in the wool thoroughbred Yorkshire man.
Ya know... Yorkshire born and bred - strong in the arm, thick in the......
I've been researching my family tree on that ancestry site - fascinating stuff.

Turns out I'm descended from Cockney Herberts and even further back from Jockland.
Many of my ancestors were in the Queen's Guard (Victoria) Fathers sons and brothers.

But the thing that really made me think was the census form from 1891. My great grandad filled it in and signed it.
His signature was exactly like mine - or t'other way round.
Suddenly, from people I had never known or heard of, the solid DNA link was there.

The signature thing us interesting. I've done a lot of family tree research and it's amazing that my father's father and his grandfather (when I look at BDMs) have the same signatures as my father. He was always a neat writer but it's strange they all had the same signature. I was also impressed that the oldest of them could write at all.

Poked the tortoise a couple of days ago. He's still asleep, but alive. Had to find out, before potentially wasting time planting stuff in his run for the year.