Newsjack Series 20 - February 2019 Page 10

Quote: Thosisd @ 15th February 2019, 8:35 PM

Oh by the way, the cut Grammy sketch was an acceptance speech from a seagull. It was ridiculous.

Shame it didn't make it in as it was a lot of fun.

I would have loved that.

Oh the trauma! I only just managed to squeak in one sketch again. Shaking now! I need tea...

I was on track for a single but made it a double after a last-gasp rushed effort - definitely one of those sketches one hopes might be 'developed'.

I would have probably pissed them off. Sent one off in the early hours. Then made a last rush unplanned effort before work and sent another off in a separate email. Well, it would only piss them off if they didn't have 600 plus other sketches and were not totally uninterested in mine.
First one seemed a good idea at the time and I quite enjoyed myself as I wrote it. When it was done I realised, after checking, the story was out a day before the show last week (out Wednesday), was a very small story and arguably a bit linked to Valentines so that one is ******.
So why I thought it a good idea, I don't know.
Second one this morning was on a NASA voyage.

GOOD LUCK ALL.

NASA sketch sounds promising BTF, fingers crossed for you

Quote: Danno @ 18th February 2019, 4:17 PM

NASA sketch sounds promising BTF, fingers crossed for you

Sounds it in theory, Danno, but I always lose confidence 10 minutes after I email them!
Good luck to you too. All good fun.

Small stories can get through and things aren't always as current as they say. After all, the did material on 'a special place in hell' two weeks in a row...although the sketch didn't make broadcast.

I went for space travel too!

Quote: Thosisd @ 19th February 2019, 9:09 AM

Small stories can get through and things aren't always as current as they say. After all, the did material on 'a special place in hell' two weeks in a row...although the sketch didn't make broadcast.

I went for space travel too!

Thanks for the insight, Thosisd.
I think space travel may be popular as a story this week with the NASA GSOH thing and Oppy grief, Elon Musk, other NASA stuff etc, so I hold out no hope! Mine was the GSOH required on voyage. Things like that are fun to write though.

Very small story was the 'cuddle hormone' produced from doing board games.

Some strong sketch ideas there! Mine were Prince Harry and Mount Everest.

Good Luck for Ep. 3 everyone!

J x

Just done all 9. Nice to have morning off rather than a mad rush.
Best of luck.

Three done just in time. Lacked inspiration though.

Here's one I tried, last week...

Scientists have debunked the theory that if you drink beer before wine, you'll feel fine. In other essential research, they have also proven that if you get drunk in Australia, the room does indeed spin in the other direction and are now busy playing that game where you drink six pints, spin round three times and then try and guess what your name is.

I'm actually less confident with the one-liners this week. I did end up cutting one and replacing, but it was not a painful cut.

My sketch yesterday was about Peppa Pig, but was very, very short.

No sketches for me, but much happier with one liner selection this week - and good to get the opportunity to submit 9 items ( although I only managed 7 - just one newsjackipedia )
Good luck all

I did BN:
Poo on brushes
Drunk rat
Coma lady has baby
NJP:
Tonypandy
Macron
Frozen
Good/bad week:
Smurfs
Philip
Oppy

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 19th February 2019, 12:01 PM

Three done just in time. Lacked inspiration though.

Here's one I tried, last week...

Scientists have debunked the theory that if you drink beer before wine, you'll feel fine. In other essential research, they have also proven that if you get drunk in Australia, the room does indeed spin in the other direction and are now busy playing that game where you drink six pints, spin round three times and then try and guess what your name is.

Thanks. I guess it stood no chance as there was a sketch on this on the show so that was bad luck. My other thought was that the second half of it was maybe a little long, that was all, if that is any use as feedback.

Went for climate strikes (yeah, i know) and dodgy Fortnite Festival for sketches.
Well pleased with a couple of my jackpedias, never a good sign. Really enjoying that format this series.
Struggled with the 'good news bad news' but did land a half decent one after an hour of naval gazing.
Hey, some great ideas floating around out there, all bodes well.