Kids are great for giving inspiration

Several years ago, my daughter was fond of drawing little stick figures like the ones in the following clip. She's embarrassed by them now, but I still think they're really cute, with their little circle faces and tiny bodies. Anyway, at the time, we thought it would be amazing to process them through Crazy Talk and give them voices (well, I did anyway). I just played it on my laptop to remind myself how it went...and heard my daughter groan as she heard the word prolapse again. Hehe. Kids are amazing.

https://youtu.be/cwpHmqFN4n0

Sadly, we only made a few of these little clips, but I hope it raises a smile, here.

Yes, very cute and likely to raise a smile with whoever watches it.

It certainly shows that you don't have to be Walt Disney in order to produce decent cartoon shorts.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 15th February 2019, 10:57 PM

Yes, very cute and likely to raise a smile with whoever watches it.

It certainly shows that you don't have to be Walt Disney in order to produce decent cartoon shorts.

Hey, thanks for watching :-) Not quite Disney quality, but fun to do.
I might post a couple more every now and again.
Here's a sweary one...bit rough quality, this one, but, out of the few we did, she was a character I would have liked to carry on with, but just didn't have the time. :-( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls8XJdGDbBM

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 17th February 2019, 11:17 AM

Here's a sweary one...bit rough quality, this one, but, out of the few we did, she was a character I would have liked to carry on with, but just didn't have the time. :-( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls8XJdGDbBM

I think Beryl should have her own show on late-night TV! Laughing out loud

My daughter is expecting her second child in May and her 4-year-old daughter (my grand-daughter of course :D ) pointed at her tummy and asked her if she could take it out so she could take it with her to show her friends at nursery.

Awwww, my little Birdie, so is so sweet. Teary

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th February 2019, 12:27 PM

My daughter is expecting her second child in May and her 4-year-old daughter (my grand-daughter of course :D ) pointed at her tummy and asked her if she could take it out so she could take it with her to show her friends at nursery.

Awwww, my little Birdie, so is so sweet. Teary

Aww, that really IS cute. Imagine if you really could take them out and put them somewhere else for for a few months before delivery...like in a drawer, or something...then put them back in when it's time for delivery. Although, it would probably be far to big to stuff back in through the orifice you used to take it out...I'm overthinking this, aren't I. I'll just stop talking.

Another weird little thing I did with another of my children (they're good to me, they are). Under the short-lived umbrella of Ham & Tickle, with 'ham' being the operative word, here.

We used to enjoy going into the garage and recording short audio sketches (whatever makes you happy...I guess), but the rules were that we had to complete it without stopping and there was to be no editing at the end, except laying on silly sound effects. So, if we mucked up at all, we started again. This particular one took ages, mostly because, for at least 20 of the tries, as soon as my son shrieked the name, "Jane" at the beginning, I just lost it. It was like he'd already decided his technique would be to blast most of his lines straight through his nose, from the back of his head. I had to play both lady parts (ooh err), so I really had to keep myself together. It was just a bit of fun, but we were asked if we'd like to perform it at a casual impro event somewhere in London (maybe a few who post here might remember hearing it elsewhere, not sure). Sadly, we couldn't get there. Anyway, as I said, the idea was to give it as much 'ham' as we could. I think we managed it quite well. The word 'tits' is used quite enthusiastically...and there is a swear word at the end. Also a rather urgent fart noise is present...so easily offended wimps, please be warned. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlCkzaSMnv4

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 14th March 2019, 10:56 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlCkzaSMnv4

That's quite nice, actually.

At 0.26, Mary tells the doctor which part of her body is ailing her and the doctor replies "Your leg?"

I was quite surprised when he said that because I thought Mary had said something very different.

It would be interesting to know if anybody else was confused.

Still, great performances all round!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 14th March 2019, 11:48 AM

At 0.26, Mary tells the doctor which part of her body is ailing her and the doctor replies "Your leg?"

Neck? To be fair, either would have still worked. You didn't hear 'dick', did you? No, I don't think it sounds like dick.

Thank you for listening. The sound quality isn't great, but at least we got it done. My overplayed diction didn't help, I guess.

Here's another (I bet you wish you hadn't replied now), but, again, the sound quality is a bit naff when too loud. Also, again, there are fart noises...to be honest, the whole sketch is held together by flatulence...without it, there would be no sketch. Hmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Da5kd1oU_Y

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 14th March 2019, 12:30 PM

You didn't hear 'dick', did you?

Yes, that's exactly what I heard.

I thought "Well, this is going to be topical if nothing else!" :D

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 14th March 2019, 12:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Da5kd1oU_Y

That's great!

Appallingly scatological but brilliantly original! :D

Quote: Rood Eye @ 14th March 2019, 12:53 PM

Yes, that's exactly what I heard.

I thought "Well, this is going to be topical if nothing else!" :D

How did you hear dick! Be honest, you wanted to hear 'dick', didn't you. I've tried really hard and I just cannot hear dick. I suppose she could have said 'dick' and then proceeded to expose herself, revealing a strap-on, or something. Next time, eh? There won't be a next time, but if there was.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 14th March 2019, 12:53 PM

That's great!

Appallingly scatological but brilliantly original! :D

Thank you so much! You're probably my biggest (only) fan. We were going to make a series of Fourply audios, where he kept going to interviews and finding Patricia Dogger at every one, championing a different method of work-related inspiration. I wrote one with her taking interviews in a hot-tub and Fourply having to strip naked and get in...along with the rest of the staff and encouraging him to bring in friends, neighbours and even pets. Up pops Patricia's own granddad from the bubbles, clutching a chihuahua and a small fishing net containing nuggets of poo he's been fishing out..the staff are not allowed to leave the tub all day...so it's not just the dog's poo!

Audio is so great for forcing so many bizarre things into the imagination. I love it. No need to hire a hot-tub or install real toilets at desks...and, very often, the imagination can give us a far better picture than one shoved in front of us. I think so, anyway.