What are you watching on TV? Page 2,142

I've just switched on the TV and there's a black woman giving her views about a forthcoming rugby match. She had a proper microphone and everything.

"What a wonderful example of diversity in TV sports punditry!" I thought.

Apparently, she's called Maggie Alfonsi and she seems a cheerful enough sort.

Google doesn't reveal much about her but there is a link to a YouTube clip where she's giving her opinions about a forthcoming rugby match on "Good Morning Britain".

For some reason, comments have been disabled for that video.

I'm now watching last night's Graham Norton show featuring (according to my TV guide) "comedy genius Ricky Gervais".

I think not.

"The Office" was excellent and he's done a couple of excellent stand-up shows but he's also come up with tons of stuff which was mediocre at best.

I'm not knocking the guy: he is a genuine comedy talent - but genius? No way!

Love The Office and Extras... Watched the first ep of Derek and didn't laugh once.

In loving memory

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th February 2019, 11:51 AM

In loving memory

Filmed about 5 miles away from me.
The narrow cobbled roads are still there.

'oh eck auntie'

Nice!

Airline is being re-run on CBS Reality which is great news because I never missed it when it was originally on 20 years ago. With narration by Tony Robinson it was a time when reality shows didn't try to stir up tension and just filmed people. It was easy viewing with humour added by Tony's observations and I liked Jane Boulton who was always rushing about helping customers or putting the drunks in their place. Nice to see check in desk agent Katrina Leeder is doing well because she was having cancer treatment throughout the series and despite being very ill and having chemotherapy she was always positive.

Katrina on left with Jane.

It followed Easyjet so Stelios made an appearance sometimes trying out a new business idea or listening to passenger complaints. The influence on the character Omar in Come Fly With Me.

DISSED PRAT HOUSEWIVES

Season 664336589, Episode 5467758511369078453 and a bit

Yes... Carlos is reassured to suspect Mike is pregnant by Tom and carrying Rex's only twin grandmother, while Gaby confesses to Bree that Bree is spending too much Bree time with Bree behind Bree's back, unbeknownst to Bree and Gaby, who is secretly publicly irresponsible for hiding Edie and Angie's dead arrow and bows in Zach and Bob's birth control syrup after Superdetective Subintendent Ubermensch Karl wiped Danielle's kneeprints dirty from Helen's briefcases so Susan would find out Kathryn had divorced Sister Mary before Sister Mary could marry Kathryn, creating tension in Paul and Jack's relationship by bringing Jack closer to Paul for the eighth and only time since Austin, much to the chagrin of Renee, who promotes Julie to an inferior position in George's vegetarian abattoir in Yao-lin's cellar upstairs at Maisy's, until Roy discloses to Stella that Ana, who hates Adam, loves Adam and is jealous of Phyllis for bullying Gloria into pretending it is Sophie's third twin sister Ian, and not her father Penny, who is blackmailing Benjamin into bribing Noah out of corrupting Nora for coercing Dave into baiting Monique into sleeping without Siria, who was driving the helicopter that knocked down Carolyn's brother Kayla when Chuck survived the deadly sea explosion engineered by Andre under Miss Tish's fifth-floor basement that night Carmen made her humble, triumphant return to Wisteria Lane away from the Lane of Wisteria, where Beth's lack of Joy's news of Richard's fidelity with Wayne leaves Moan hospitalised in Irina's vet surgery, where Alex develops a homophobic gay crush on Virginia's ex Eli...
And who IS that mysterious stranger moving into Wisteria Lane?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 13th February 2019, 6:13 PM

DISSED PRAT HOUSEWIVES

Season 664336589, Episode 5467758511369078453 and a bit

Yes... Carlos is reassured to suspect Mike is pregnant by Tom and carrying Rex's only twin grandmother, while Gaby confesses to Bree that Bree is spending too much Bree time with Bree behind Bree's back, unbeknownst to Bree and Gaby, who is secretly publicly irresponsible for hiding Edie and Angie's dead arrow and bows in Zach and Bob's birth control syrup after Superdetective Subintendent Ubermensch Karl wiped Danielle's kneeprints dirty from Helen's briefcases so Susan would find out Kathryn had divorced Sister Mary before Sister Mary could marry Kathryn, creating tension in Paul and Jack's relationship by bringing Jack closer to Paul for the eighth and only time since Austin, much to the chagrin of Renee, who promotes Julie to an inferior position in George's vegetarian abattoir in Yao-lin's cellar upstairs at Maisy's, until Roy discloses to Stella that Ana, who hates Adam, loves Adam and is jealous of Phyllis for bullying Gloria into pretending it is Sophie's third twin sister Ian, and not her father Penny, who is blackmailing Benjamin into bribing Noah out of corrupting Nora for coercing Dave into baiting Monique into sleeping without Siria, who was driving the helicopter that knocked down Carolyn's brother Kayla when Chuck survived the deadly sea explosion engineered by Andre under Miss Tish's fifth-floor basement that night Carmen made her humble, triumphant return to Wisteria Lane away from the Lane of Wisteria, where Beth's lack of Joy's news of Richard's fidelity with Wayne leaves Moan hospitalised in Irina's vet surgery, where Alex develops a homophobic gay crush on Virginia's ex Eli...
And who IS that mysterious stranger moving into Wisteria Lane?

SPOILER ALERT , DICKHEAD

I'm working my way through American Horror Story and there's actually a lot of humour running throughout. I'm watching with my older daughter and we're constantly flipping from 'Oh, that's sick', to 'Haha, wtf!' moments.

If you've never watched it, check out the regular cast members. Each season tells a different dark tale with different characters, but there's a core set of actors who return to fill the roles. There is some quality acting here and even Lady Gaga takes a turn. She was amazing in the 'Hotel' season. Kathy Bates plays her characters in a very amusing way.

Evan Peters appears very regularly and, for me, he brings the most sinister humour to each story. I read somewhere he wants to move away from the sick characters he portrays in AHS, so might not be coming back to the series. That would be a shame, but I think he'd be just as at home in a light-hearted comedy. His comedy timing is superb.

I like horror as well as comedy...so very pleased to see the two combined so neatly, here.

Watched Dara O Briain Live In London last night and he never fails to make me laugh heartily and with gusto. His encore was unlike anything I've seen before and so brilliantly clever. A very sharp comedian and the best kind of standup is when the material is based around the audience.

Also noticed the extra on the DVD had a standup routine filmed in Dublin but it was too late to watch it. Slated for Saturday night.

BBC face to face: Dr Martin Luther King Jr

Room 101 with Shaun Ryder

About to watch (I hope) 'Shetland'. The wumman is a really good writer.
'.

I'm watching "The Real Marigold on Tour" in which a small band of celebrity pensioners take a trip to Russia to investigate the possibility of actually moving there to live permanently.

Miriam Margolyes is, as ever, an absolute hoot!

Erotically speaking, Miriam is probably a bit past her "best before" date but I have it on good authority that she was, in her youth, not only an attractive young woman but also an absolute goer.

Apparently, while at university in Cambridge she was tootling along on her bike one day when she came to a set of traffic lights at which she stopped. Alongside her, was an open-topped car driven by a handsome American soldier.

Before the lights turned green, Miriam had attracted his attention and told him that if he followed her back to her student lodgings, she would be delighted to... er... shall we say perform a certain sex act upon him.

Needless to say, the young soldier accepted her offer and, upon arrival at Miriam's lodgings, she proved every bit as good as her word.

When told later by her friends that she was a bad girl, Miriam pointed out indignantly that she was, in fact, a good girl - as a bad girl would have offered him intercourse.