Are You Being Served? Page 11

Enjoying this again through the re-run currently on UK Gold.
Got to echo most replies to this thread that the earlier series with Trevor Bannister as Mr Lucas were much funnier and seemed to work much better than the later series did. It was just simple, get the gags in, make us laugh, do it all in a couple of takes.
Such a shame now that all of the main cast apart from Mike Berry are no longer with us.

If anyone is intrested there is a Dutch complete Sony and BBC Studios boxset released in 2017. I bought it the other week. It contains all 69 episodes all 10 Series and 5 Christmas specials, the pilot episode black and white version. The 1977 film, all 12 episodes of the spin off Grace and Favour, The 2016 remake and some extras. Sadly no recolourised pilot or story of a missed opportunity there. I don't know which masters they've used to source the release weather it was UK Australia or USA Canada. But its probs UK masters. besides Series 3 on two discs as that was 9 episodes incuding 1975 Xmas special. Series 7 is also on two DVD discs. But UK Aus is just one disc. The audio is in English. But the packaging is in Dutch. It is also the only official DVD release of all things British AYBS? and the only offical physical commercial release of the 2016 remake.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07J2L6YHR/comedyguide-21

That is quite the collection indeed! Thanks for letting us know about it.

They missed the story when they released the complete series boxset overhere. It was the one extra that was missing, and the boxset was released after the story of AYBS was made. It was a enjoyable story.

There is a US sitcom "Superstore", IMDB 7.8. I will watch it soon (after current Messiah.2020.S01), though it will not be comparable to AYBS I'm sure. But for something new I'll give it a try. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4477976/

Harold Bennett, also known as Young Mr Grace of Grace Bros and as Mr Blewitt, resident of Walmington-on-Sea, would have been 124 today had he lived.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th November 2023, 8:03 PM

Harold Bennett, also known as Young Mr Grace of Grace Bros and as Mr Blewitt, resident of Walmington-on-Sea, would have been 124 today had he lived.

Well I never.................any more earth shattering facts? 😵

My auntie would be my uncle if she had bollocks

🤣

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th November 2023, 6:30 PM

Bob?

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th November 2023, 6:30 PM

🤣

Surely it would depend on her preferred personal pronoun wouldn't it?

All sounds like a load of balls to me