Jeremy Hardy RIP

The BBC News Channel has in solemn tones just announced the death of comedian Jeremy Harding. I like to think that in the great News Quiz in the sky he, Alan Coren and Linda Smith are having a good laugh about that.

A brilliant, polemical writer - he wrote marvellous satirical columns for the Guardian. Apparently he was once booed on Just a Minute for saying the royal family were parasites, when he should have been applauded. A great loss.

Also the camp Corporal in Blackadder Goes Forth. A sad loss.

Cor 57. too sad

I saw him do a stand up gig in Chester in the early 90s. My wife was just laughing non-stop for about an hour.

Awful news. RIP.

Didn't agree with his politics but he always came across to me as someone who was honest and he seemed to genuinely care.

A sad loss.

Never been a big fan of his but he went up slightly in my estimation when I went to see one of the last ISIHAC with Humphrey Lyttelton, where he was one of the panellists.

As they were about to record the first prog. a young couple came in late and as they made their way to their seats (right down the front, unfortunately for them) Jeremy spotted them and on approaching the front of the stage he leaned forward to them and said:-

Jeremy "Where are you from?"

They replied whatever............

Jeremy "How far is that out of the town?"

They replied something like 5 miles, or it may have been 10 minutes.............

Jeremy "Well I've come up from London for this and I managed to get here on f**king time!!"

Much to the delight of the rest of the audience.

RIP Mr Hardy

Can I start listening to The News Quiz again now, or will the BBC just dip into their seemingly bottomless pit of smug lefty comics who've got a degree in something useless but precious little real-life experience?

Spoken like a true heartless right wing arsehole mate!

Come into a thread about someone who has passed and contribute bile

And if you did listen to The News Quiz you realise they also have their fair share of panelists with opposing political views to Hardy

It's just they tend to be boring middle class stuck up bores with no wit or personality

RIP Jeremy - kept me laughing for years and years ....

Shocking news, some of the best comedy ever on the radio was between Jeremy Hardy and Linda Smith.

One biding memory of him on live and recorded ISIHAC was his dread of any round that involved singing as he really did have NO singing voice, which he gladly (?) owned up to and other players relished his attempts at. V. Funny.

Mention of this in Metro newspaper: http://www.comedianscomedian.com/Podcasts/jeremy-hardy/