Victoria Wood statuettes Page 2

They could end all the controversy by binning the statue and simply having a plaque that reads 'A man is designed to walk three miles in the rain to phone for help when the car breaks down, and a woman is designed to say "You took your time" when he comes back.'

There could be no more-fitting tribute.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th January 2019, 7:15 AM

OK, I'll give you that one ;) , does look good. I should have said British ones don't look like who they are supposed to be. :D

The famous seafront Eric Morecambe - by the same sculptor as Victoria - is pretty close. Certainly better than VW.

"pretty close" just about sums it up, and what's with the knickerbockers? Oh yeah, Eric was well known for wearing knickerbockers - of course! (I don't think)

The bronze of the two of them at Blackpool was a better likeness and more in keeping with their recognisable image.

I'm sure that the late, great VW is looking down on us from the great tea room in the sky, then she'll be smiling about the statue controversy. It's bloody awful - my mum cuts her own hair and it closely resembles the statue's pudding bowl barnet.