"Cleaning Up"

This new drama serial starring Sheridan Smith may not be a comedy but it's most certainly laughable.

An office cleaner at an investment company decides to bug a stockbroker's office in order to obtain inside information about forthcoming share movements.

Office cleaners are not normally at the cutting edge of spy technology but luckily this one has just taken a lodger who happens to be a technological whizzkid geek doing his PhD.

She is also a compulsive gambler who owes thousands of pounds to some tough guy moneylenders. When she falls behind with the payments, they persuade her (very easily) to hand over her car and then say they want her wedding and engagement rings. All these demands are backed up by their threat . . . not to beat her up, kidnap her children or burn her house down . . . but simply to institute legal proceedings against her - which, in real life, would mean the bailiffs coming round to her house, finding she hasn't got anything worth seizing and going away again. Terrified by the prospect of absolutely nothing unpleasant happening to her, she's desperate to pay them off.

I haven't seen anything as weak as this on TV before.

A technological version of "Ladies who Do" with Peggy Mount, Robert Morley & Harry H Corbett.

I think the idea was let's cram Sheridan Smith into something, anything- doesn't matter how weak as piss it is

Cos it's Sheridan Smith

Personally I don't see what the fuss is about with her , nowt special really