Cold Feet Page 3

Should they not call it "Old Feet"?

Still a lovely series. Ripley and Norriss steal it. Adam's son's annoying though, what with the 'lying to his girlfriend and then taking the moral f**king high ground to his Dad' plot of Episode 1.

In the latest episode, David Marsden phones for an ambulance in Manchester city centre and, only 80 seconds later, it's arriving on the scene.

I doubt Clark Kent could have come to the rescue much quicker!

I'll take a look, but it's hard not to be skeptical of something on ITV

Quote: jsg @ 18th January 2019, 4:35 PM

I'll take a look, but it's hard not to be skeptical of something on ITV

You what? Are you a Yank? SCEPTICAL!

Why don't Karen and Adam stop mucking about and just get together!

More to the point why is Jenny not telling Pete? They're the happiest most loving couple on the show.

I've always been a fan of "Cold Feet" but I noticed last week in the first episode of series 8 that there seemed to be quite a few jokes in the script and that's usually a sign that the writers thought the usual character-based script was a little on the weak side and needed to be padded out.

I've just watched episode 2 and it really does seem to be becoming a bit hackneyed, a bit dull and more than a bit desperate.

Is this the beginning of the end?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 22nd January 2019, 12:26 AM

More to the point why is Jenny not telling Pete? They're the happiest most loving couple on the show.

It's still a very difficult to admit -even to your nearest and dearest.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 22nd January 2019, 4:41 PM

Is this the beginning of the end?

I hope so as I really don't like things that go on forever however much I like a show. I hope there is some sort of resolution though.

This series is on a roll! Brilliant scene between Jenny and Karen. I knew they were going down the Adam/Karen route

I've not really watched this but hmm one, two, three! It's another Friends rip off! :OAngrySickIll!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st January 2019, 4:21 AM

I've not really watched this but hmm one, two, three! It's another Friends rip off! :OAngrySickIll!

But it's not! It's not full of laboured jokes. It's more drama than comedy.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st February 2019, 10:21 PM

But it's not! It's not full of laboured jokes. It's more drama than comedy.

Indeed. Anything longer than half hour isn't sitcom, it's comedy drama.

OFAH last few series, all their Xmas specials, A Dad's Army Xmas special WHTTLL and SMDAE Xmas specials? And technically every Fawlty Towers ep? Not sitcoms? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd February 2019, 12:08 PM

OFAH last few series, all their Xmas specials, A Dad's Army Xmas special WHTTLL and SMDAE Xmas specials? And technically every Fawlty Towers ep? Not sitcoms? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Obviously Xmas specials are the exception rather than the rule. Can you think of a sitcom that every ep was longer than half an hour? Fawlty was always half hour or thereabouts. And OFAH in it's later years drifted towards comedy drama