Never The Twain Page 2

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 19 2008, 9:51 PM BST

Just bought a very interesting piece of television memoribillia on ebay tonight. An actual Never the Twain script. for £9.

Wow. That's dirt cheap! Good buy!

Thankyou.

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 10 2007, 4:30 PM BST

hilarious!.........comedy gold!...........yes!

Fair enough ITV have created some awful sitcoms, but they have created classics aswell, such as: On the Buses (ITV's best), Rising Damp and Only When I Laugh to name a few.

On the Buses better than Rising Damp?! No way.

I saw Donald Sinden in a production of The Scarlet Pimpernel about 20 years ago. I won't hear a word said against the man. He was brilliant.

Quote: catskillz @ August 21 2008, 4:18 AM BST

On the Buses better than Rising Damp?! No way.

It is a matter of opinion. The two are the very best ITV sitcoms, but Buses just edges it for me.

On the Buses was often like a kid's show. The Chuckle Brothers would've fitted right into it.

I remember really liking the "funky" title music, just looked on YouTube and found it!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O8beMq2rlE4

Yeah, I've got a joke in my sitcom about that music.

Remember it for the theme tune, opening credits Windsor Davis and Donald Sinden. Wont be remembered as anything particularly good, but it was okay.

Use to have this on as background, albeit noisy background with those two in it, but I'd get diverted by it and watch it sometimes. Corny, iirc but another good double act, they were both in top form in it. There was a lot of face pulling to end a scene, I liked that. Not enough theatrical face pulling in sitcoms these days, imo.

Watched a couple of episodes on YouTube last night. Have not watched this since the mid 80s. It's worse now than when I watched it all those years ago. Hard to believe it ran for 10 years straight.

Windsor Davis and Donald Sinden were worthy of better in my humble opinion..

Just caught an episode of this on the wonderful ITV3. It's from the first series I believe so I recommend it for a watch to real sitcom fans. I loved it, way funnier than I remember from 30 years ago but I'm probably only recalling glimpses of the tired later series.

This episode buzzed with their hammy energy so now's the time to catch it. An absolutely great sitcom match up, Davies and Sinden both being superb at stagey comedy. I've set my recorder. :)

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ 12th December 2012, 2:17 PM

Watched a couple of episodes on YouTube last night. Have not watched this since the mid 80s. It's worse now than when I watched it all those years ago. Hard to believe it ran for 10 years straight.

Windsor Davis and Donald Sinden were worthy of better in my humble opinion..

My thoughts exactly: 11 series????

Although I didn't tune in religiously like with The Young Ones, Minder or A Very Peculiar Practice, I enjoyed Never the Twain because of the two leads. There were a lot of dross 80s Britcoms that I couldn't stomach, such as Bread, Butterflies, Fresh/French Fields, Brush Strokes - but Never the Twain was pleasant viewing for an undemanding child, mainly because Sinden and Davies were so great at what they did.

Quote: gb901 @ 20th January 2019, 11:43 AM

My thoughts exactly: 11 series????

I know - bland, bland, bland. Mind you, comedy these days isn't hugely funny any more, is it?