Stan and Ollie

I cannot recommend this highly enough. Coogan and Reilly go beyond mere impersonation and bring real heart to Laurel and Hardy respectively. But what really sells it are the stage routines. I was in a packed cinema and it was like being in the theatre, huge guffaws all round all the way through, the timing is impeccable!

Looking forward to seeing it!

Me too

Me too, too.

They had Coogan and Reilly on The One Show last week and someone at the Beeb did a split screen of the two doing the dance routine to Dancing on at the Ball by The Avalon Boys next to L & H doing the original and it was amazing just how accurate they got it.

EVEN! Steve Coogan said that the guy in charge of setting that up even found the original back projection film that was used in the Laurel & Hardy "Way Out West".............................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAmb4dVJAmU

My God, I will NEVER tire of watching those two - sheer genius.

Apparently, Stan never went ex-directory and remained in the public phone book until the end of his days, always happy to accept calls from total strangers who fancied a chat with him.

Just seen, and thoroughly enjoyed, it at the Bognor Regis Picturedrome. Well worth the £3.50 admission price (was 1/9d in my day). Nice to see Worthing Lido make a guest appearance in the film too.

When we only had 3 channels, long school holidays and after school activities hadn't been invented yet, Laurel and Hardy films were manna from heaven. Can't wait to see this.

I thought it a splendid film. Coogan and Reilly became almost more Laurel and Hardy than Laurel and Hardy. A perfect, loving tribute and homage. Coogan's best performance bar none.

I highly recommend the film to anyone: you don't need to be a particular, specific fan of Laurel and Hardy or know their work inside out in order to love this film. Although the release date has yet to be confirmed, you can pre-order Stan & Ollie on DVD or Blu-ray already. Don't hesitate before doing so.

Lovely movie, great performances from the leads
I liked the wives being a funny double act as well

I saw this today. Absolutely fantastic film.

Couldn't agree more. Well I could if I wanted to.

Absolutely! Coogan and Riley at the top of their game, a lovely, funny and touching film.

I'm a huge fan of Laurel and Hardy.

I'm also a huge fan of Steve Coogan.

I've just seen "Stan & Ollie" and, although I enjoyed it, I'm surprised at the rave reviews from other BCG members.

I'm not knocking it - not by any means - it's a decent film but I wouldn't go further than that.

I quite enjoyed this movie when I watched it the cinema, and recently bought it on Sky.