Doon Mackichan

Upon reading her name, you could be forgiven for thinking she's as Scottish as the eponymous anti-hero in a certain unmentionable Shakespeare play.

The truth, however, is that she's only very slightly more Scottish than a plate of jellied eels that's just been tossed into the middle of the Old Kent Road by a disgruntled Chelsea pensioner.

Born in Westminster and brought up in Surrey until she was twelve, at which point she moved to Scotland only to return again a few years later to study drama at the University of Manchester, she later moved back to London and now lives in Sussex.

Notwithstanding her outrageously misleading name, she's an absolutely marvellous comedy actor and a shining example to anybody wondering exactly how the job should be done.

One of the very best!

I think she's great but I really can't watch Two Doors Down. It needs sub-titles.

I also thought she was Scottish and besides being fit as f... she is very funny. She's done a lot of work with Coogan and is his wife on the promotional video for Hamilton's Water Breaks.

Alan: You not having any bacon?

Wife: No I'm vegetarian.

I was lucky enough to work with her, and she's great fun, telling lots of scurrilous stories about other actors.

Great in The Day Today as Collaterlie Sisters and Toast of London as Jane Plough particularly.

Ah, yes - she's great in Toast.

Quote: beaky @ 15th January 2019, 7:55 PM

Ah, yes - she's great in Toast.

Shouldn't that be grated on toast?

Ahem! Cannibalism isn't funny, Chappers!