The general pop/rock - music thread Page 177

Think Johnny Rotten ain't too far off now going by the size of him now

Maaaaaaaaaaan

Dude is huge

Watching a Roxy Music documentary on BBC4. Such a brilliant band. And they're all still alive (I think) so why not Bryan?

Quote: Chappers @ 7th December 2018, 10:27 PM

Watching a Roxy Music documentary on BBC4. Such a brilliant band. And they're all still alive (I think) so why not Bryan?

That would be so great. Maybe Brian Eno could produce it...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th January 2019, 8:41 AM

That would be so great. Maybe Brian Eno could produce it...

Well there's no chance of a Be-Bop Deluxe reunion is there as Bill so adamantly says.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th January 2019, 10:53 PM

Well there's no chance of a Be-Bop Deluxe reunion is there as Bill so adamantly says.

I get why he doesn't want to but...wouldn't that be wonderful!

Mind you, even if Bill was remotely interested I doubt he would due to the great Charlie Tumahai no longer being with us.

Unfortunately, for the fans, Bill is very much a 'that was then, this is now' bloke, which we'll just have to respect.

Plus, some of his prodigious output is very good.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 13th February 2018, 9:11 PM

Impressive guitar work!

Thank you.

New Haiduk album - Exomancer!

Geri says the Spice Girls' reunion is to thank the fans for being loyal: 'It's our gift to you! It's a party, and you're all invited.' Ain't she generous? How much are the f**king tickets again? She never comes to my parties, and they're free. All right, discount for her.

Ted McKenna formerly of the Sensational Alex Harvey Band amongst many others just died. RIP Ted.

I'm reading Hunter Davies' 'Beatles Lyrics' and what a disappointment. Given that he was actually close to the band, this is surprisingly vague, chatty and pointless ('Yeah, I like that bit. It's good.') He also has Fat Man's Disease: assuming a level of mateyness without working to earn it.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th December 2018, 8:11 PM

Think Johnny Rotten ain't too far off now going by the size of him now

Dude is huge

In both senses. Legend.

My favourite song at the moment is Lynyrd Skynryd 'Simple Man' for the line 'Forget your lust for the rich man's gold - All that you need is in your soul'. So I guess you won't be wanting any royalties for that one, Lynny?

A Spice Girls reunion AND the return of Alan Partidge. What a fab year.

I just watched some of the sex pistols reunion tour at Brixton from a few years back

Never watched it till now as the whole idea of oap punks performing for money makes me wanna chuck

But the boys can really play live and the audience where goin nuts

Made me smile...

What's the difference between the Sex Pistols and my mother's legs? The Sex Pistols got back together.

Was that for money too?

My mother's not a prossie. She does it for free.
Listening to New Order Live and it's stunning. Stunning they keep doing the same 35-year-old shit but are so revered.