Things that piss you off Page 1,747

Why should that piss you off?
I'm very happy with the 13 trolleys full of food and booze i bought with mine.

I'm a Tesco man :)

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th December 2018, 3:44 PM

Being told on each and every single visit to this site that I've won an Asda voucher for £1300

Jammy bastards. Not living in the UK, I'm not entitled to any of this site's freebies, promos or competition entries, let alone those daily supermarket splurges. All I ever got was a dog-eared JPEG image of the cast of [i]Bread[i].

I'll tell you what pisses me off - Scarlett Moffat's Instagram pics.

In every pic, she seems to have been Photoshopped down to a size 6 from what in real life looks like a size 20 at the very least.

Last night on ITV, she appeared in "Replay 2018" - a one-off jovial quiz show with Richard Osman - and, while everybody else on the show could be seen from head to foot, Scarlett was hidden almost completely from view behind a huge desk.

I don't know what she's worried about: Alison Hammond and Gemma Collins get plenty of work.

Quote: Kenneth @ 29th December 2018, 1:09 PM

Jammy bastards. Not living in the UK, I'm not entitled to any of this site's freebies, promos or competition entries, let alone those daily supermarket splurges. All I ever got was a dog-eared JPEG image of the cast of [i]Bread[i].

Do you think anyone ever gets those Asda vouchers?

My daily email from eBay starting with 'Because you are awesome.....'

The extortionate wages footballers get paid for not even doing a full days work.....

Why, when your windscreen wipers start to fail, it's always the part of the screen that's right in your eye line?
The rest is crystal clear - apart from the bit you look through.

I remember years ago when my windscreen was iced up and I had the (stupid) idea to clear it with my windscreen wipers. The wipers were frozen to the windscreen and cracked the wipers. Totally buggered.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th January 2019, 1:20 AM

I remember years ago when my windscreen was iced up and I had the (stupid) idea to clear it with my windscreen wipers. The wipers were frozen to the windscreen and cracked the wipers. Totally buggered.

Quick tip:

If you turn your wipers on and they are frozen to the screen, it makes sense to turn them off again immediately in order to avoid or at least minimise damage to the blades.

But how do you turn them off? If you use the wiper switch (the one you've just used to turn them on), that's no good at all - as the wipers must complete a sweep of the screen before they'll turn off.

The trick is to turn the ignition off straight away, which will cut all power to the wiper motor.

You then free the wipers, either with de-icer or with tepid (but not hot!) water, then turn the ignition back on after which they will complete their sweep across the screen space and come to rest in their normal position - hopefully undamaged.

Needless to say, if the wiper assemblies have already torn themselves from the frozen blades, you and your wipers are indeed buggered - a la Chappers. Teary

Try standing on the bonett and doing a big hot piss all over the windshield

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th January 2019, 11:33 AM

I tried that once in conditions of extreme cold and welded myself to the windscreen.

Attractive image!

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th January 2019, 11:33 AM

Good idea!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 12th January 2019, 9:19 AM

Quick tip:

If you turn your wipers on and they are frozen to the screen, it makes sense to turn them off again immediately in order to avoid or at least minimise damage to the blades.

I did learn from this experience and now every time I try to remove the wipers from the screen before turning them on.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th December 2018, 2:53 PM

Scarlett was hidden almost completely from view behind a huge desk.

Many presenters are behind desks.