Doctor Who... Page 1,118

Quote: Rood Eye @ 9th December 2018, 8:40 PM

During the recent series, consolidated viewing figures declined steadily from an encouraging 10.54 million for episode one down to only 7.03 million for episode eight. Viewing figures for episode nine and the finale episode have yet to be announced.

Viewing figures for episode nine dropped to 6.24 million, recovering slightly to 6.48 million for the finale episode.

All in all, viewing figures dropped by more than 4 million over the series' ten-week run.

I'm not surprised: I lost interest about ten minutes into episode one. :D

Do you remember Chris Chibnall promising that the new series would not include any "old monsters"?

That was, of course, in the days when he was expecting viewers to accept a non-male doctor with a 66% non-white crew teaching, preaching and generally condescending to the British public as he plastered his politically correct propaganda messages all over our TV screens in letters so large that only viewers with 50-inch TVs could see the top and bottom of any single letter at the same time.

Well, guess what? I think he might have realised that most of the Doctor's fans are not children and the ones that are children are not sufficiently young and naive that they will accept the sort of treatment that Chibnall and the BBC are dishing out these days.

Rather than get a new Doctor and a new crew (as the BBC will have to do eventually if the program is to be saved), rumour has it that he's decided to try an interim measure and that, accordingly, the Daleks are coming back in the New Year special episode!

Are they really coming back? I don't know but, if they do, my sincere hope is that the entire TARDIS crew will be exterminated.

Can the Daleks be described as "any old monsters"? Maybe the turn of phrase is telling?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 26th December 2018, 4:27 PM

Can the Daleks be described as "any old monsters"? Maybe the turn of phrase is telling?

That's very good! :D

Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th December 2018, 1:43 PM

Do you remember Chris Chibnall promising that the new series would not include any "old monsters"?
That was, of course, in the days when he was expecting viewers to accept a non-male doctor with a 66% non-white crew ...
my sincere hope is that the entire TARDIS crew will be exterminated.

I don't give a tinker's cuss about the gender of the Doctor or the ethnicity of the TARDIS crew (although it would be better if they were all Muslims). Just need the scripts and tone to be improved. Allegories are better than being spoon-fed PC history with a jackboot.

Would be nice to see the Myrka brought back. It was a magnificent beast, very unfairly maligned.

Quote: Kenneth @ 27th December 2018, 3:08 PM

Would be nice to see the Myrka brought back.

I wouldn't mind if the Myrka were to return.

However, if that Myrka turns up wearing a burka and tries to convince the doctor that it's an essentially peaceful creature who should be welcomed into earthly society, I'll say "Hey, Chris Chibnall . . . No!!!"

The series finale "Resolution" was blasted by critic Jim Shelley who suggests that Jodie Whittaker, when trying to exert her authority, seems more like a netball teacher than a timelord.

He says "You wouldn't have thought it possible to mess up any episode with the Daleks, let alone a 'special', but Chibnall managed even this."

He says "Most of the problems/mistakes that plagued the launch of the Chibnall-Whittaker re-boot had been obvious (as my review of Episode One predicted) and were still there."

He says "It was cripplingly PC, peppered with patronising CBeebies-style history lessons, and prone to gratuitous bits of politics. We were also subjected to endless speeches full of Positive messages and Life Lessons - about how to be a good dad or 'fighting back.' "

He says "Written by Chibnall himself, 'Resolution' was feeble fare, like everything about the Whittaker/Chibnall era."

I couldn't have put it (much) better myself.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd January 2019, 1:05 AM

I couldn't have put it (much) better myself.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud that "(much)"

Just downloaded Pluto TV apart from having a Star Trek TNG channel there is also a classic Doctor Who one, just watching the War Games at the moment

F**king kids' show innit.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 8th May 2021, 6:48 AM

F**king kids' show innit.

:O Sounds disgusting. Angry

You're right. I'm going to edit it last week.

Will Noel Clarke get whitewashed out of the old episodes?

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2021, 1:43 PM

Will Noel Clarke get whitewashed out of the old episodes?

There are now so many scumbags in TV and film that we couldn't rewatch anything ever again if we let it bother us too much.

News today that John Barrowman was partial to getting his wang out on the Dr Who set

Dirty fecker!