RIP June Whitfield Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th December 2018, 12:31 AM

My first experience of her fabulous comedy talent was as very young (even for me!) short trousered sprog listening to her as Eth, the smouldering girlfriend of the gormless and permanently out of work Ron

On one of her visits to the Palace, June told the queen that her voice had dropped an octave since she last played Eth, at which point the queen chipped in with "Ooooh, Ron!"

"She did it better than I did. Fantastic!" June later reported.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 31st December 2018, 11:00 AM

On one of her visits to the Palace, June told the queen that her voice had dropped an octave since she last played Eth, at which point the queen chipped in with "Ooooh, Ron!"

"She did it better than I did. Fantastic!" June later reported.

Laughing out loud Like it!! That was SUCH a good and very funny character, made even more so by June's comedic talent. What a lady!

It was all boiling underneath with Eth, but as soon as Ron misinterpreted what she was saying and "tried it on" with her, she soon put her defences up. "No Ron! Not until we are married, beloved" :D

Until that prog last night I didn't know Eth was June Whitfield. She was more of a talent than I thought after seeing all those clips although I knew she good, being in so much. Laughed the most at those early Benny Hill clips, the microphone lead was one of his trademarks acts, pure comic genius. The excited school boy or cub scout another trademark act but I'd never seen those early ones. F**k me I nearly drowned on Baileys when he said 'Do you want to see my conkers?' Laughing out loud Help I'm dying. She played it beautifully as always.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st December 2018, 9:42 AM

OK, wouldn't get away with this now, but we can forgive June as it clearly is of its time:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNb649Y_kw0

Nothing to forgive; ever. Who cares if comedians and actors dress up and use makeup and accents to mimic other races? It's not a sin. Veering off-topic, Dolce and Gabanna got into hot water for using ads that had a Chinese woman dressed up as a, er, Chinese woman, complete with chopsticks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzoxIb2Fa74

Back on topic: June with Frank Muir (sounding like Peter Cook) in an educational film about food poisoning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8XStdxk468

Quote: Kenneth @ 2nd January 2019, 5:53 AM

Nothing to forgive; ever. Who cares if comedians and actors dress up and use makeup and accents to mimic other races? It's not a sin.

I couldn't agree more - I was just hedging my bets for fear of being accused of being a Neo-Nazi for publishing a link to such a rabidly racist video.

Have just read an article by June where she said she found the PC brigade all rather tiresome "She also bemoaned the rise of political correctness, which she said was destroying comedy"

Amen to that.

Have there been any tribute programmes that I may have missed?

Nothing new as yet.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th January 2019, 11:09 PM

Have there been any tribute programmes that I may have missed?

The Many Faces of June Whitfield was shown on the 29th December.