Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2018

Claudia f***ing Winkleman.

That's all I'm saying.

They don't half invite some naff guests on that show.

Thank Gawd Big Narstie wasn't invited back after last year. Gormless tit.

You seem to be complaining of comedians being present on a comedy show.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 27th December 2018, 7:24 PM

You seem to be complaining of comedians being present on a comedy show.

Excuse me, Claudia Winkleman's a comedian?

I think Claudia does a good job of presenting light-hearted TV shows but she's not a comedian and, in fairness to her, neither does she purport to be.

She's a cheerful soul who's game for a laugh and, as such, isn't an entirely unreasonable choice when it comes to filling a chair on a comedy panel show.

I wouldn't say I was a fan of hers but I find her pleasant enough.

Yes, there are many other women in Britain far more entertaining than Claudia but, on the other hand, there are many others who are a great deal less entertaining - and some of them are calling themselves comedians and appearing on TV.

They could certainly have booked somebody a hell of a lot worse.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 27th December 2018, 10:50 PM

I think Claudia does a good job of presenting light-hearted TV shows but she's not a comedian and, in fairness to her, neither does she purport to be.

She's a cheerful soul who's game for a laugh and, as such, isn't an entirely unreasonable choice when it comes to filling a chair on a comedy panel show.

I wouldn't say I was a fan of hers but I find her pleasant enough.

Yes, there are many other women in Britain far more entertaining than Claudia but, on the other hand, there are many others who are a great deal less entertaining - and some of them are calling themselves comedians and appearing on TV.

They could certainly have booked somebody a hell of a lot worse.

Very true about Claudia and I like her because she is always up for joining in even when it gets coarse. Jimmy Carr does a good job as presenter and can make it difficult for people but she can reflect the insults with a certain grace. I'm noticing how on panel shows some guests are implied to be stupid so nothing they say is taken seriously. I saw Catherine Tate getting a hard time on an 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown a few weeks ago. She's clearly not a daft woman but was being treated like everything she said was like Sloth* speaking.

*The Goonies (1985)