Walter The Softy Sham Page 3

Quote: Briosaid @ 17th December 2018, 8:41 PM

It's scandalous that, in a supposedly rich country, people have to go to food banks to survive, even working people. It's scandalous we have people living on the streets. I saw a man recently in one of the fancy streets in Glasgow (Yes we do have them) lying on cardboard sleeping in the rain. Brexit will be fine for the bastards who have loads of money, but not for the people further down.

There's loads of them in Corbyn's Peoples Democratic Republic of Finsbury Park. If he wasn't such a hypocrite he'd put them up in his mansion.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th December 2018, 10:12 PM

There's loads of them in Corbyn's Peoples Democratic Republic of Finsbury Park. If he wasn't such a hypocrite he'd put them up in his mansion.

That's so simplistic. Forget Corbyn. Would you say the same thing about bloody May and the parasitic royal family? (MY father's communist ghost is prevalent tonight).

God you can't beat a good cliche to make light of other peoples hardship

Sir Humphrey :
East Yemen, isn't that a democracy?

Sir Richard :
Its full name is the Peoples' Democratic Republic of East Yemen.

Sir Humphrey:
Ah I see, so it's a communist dictatorship.

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th December 2018, 8:50 PM

Come on!

There was a recession

Someone has to bare the brunt of it

Why not the poor? Theyre used to living in their own filth anyway

So they can take a bit of austerity I'm sure

Seriously though , any working class person who is suffering since 2008 and the Tory cuts - if they voted Tory - theyre a moron and frankly deserve what they've got

You reap what you sow ya bloody cretins

What makes you think the poor have voted Tory? Turkeys and Christmas? I take exception to the 'poor' and 'filthy' comparison. Surely you don't mean this.

Quote: Briosaid @ 17th December 2018, 11:10 PM

What makes you think the poor have voted Tory?

Agreed. The main dividing demographic I've seen on Brexit is age group. The older we get the less we like change. As there's always a long lag between job losses and economic down turn, May knows voters won't feel the pinch until the next parliament and the oldest voters may never feel the coming austerity. Its understandable the young, who are expected to support the old and may want to work in Europe, feel aggrieved. May and Corbyn seem transfixed with personal power. Scared to upset anyone. That said, MPs stood to get more power from this, and yet the majority still voted remain. Even the house of Lords bucked the trend , so why aren't we listening to the experts in Politics, the experts in Economics ? Would you you let your mates have a bash at open hart surgery ? Because that's sounds simpler than understand Brexit.

Welcome back Teddy, whomever you are.

Ah, so the Baxter Basics in a recent Viz, where he's in trouble for praising Hitler but then acts like an amiable, eccentric toff and serves tea (thus winning the praise of the press) was a reference to Rees-Mogg?

Charles Hawtrey meets Himmler.

Quote: beaky @ 18th December 2018, 11:58 AM

Charles Hawtrey meets Himmler.

I once met Charles Hawtrey and he seemed to be a very pleasant bloke.

For the avoidance of doubt, however, I wish to confirm that I am not (nor have I ever been) Himmler.

Statistically speaking, the poor must have voted Tory.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th December 2018, 12:27 PM

Statistically speaking, the poor must have voted Tory.

My father borrowed a pair of boots to walk fifteen miles to the polling station to vote Conservative!

Actually, it was somebody else's father - but you get the point. :D

Doesn't mean they're poor. Just might mean they are stingy on boots.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 18th December 2018, 12:36 PM

My father borrowed a pair of boots to walk fifteen miles to the polling station to vote Conservative!

My parents were so poor they had to wrap themselves around the feet of your fake father. It was the only work available for the under trodden.

I'm not convinced that wealth is the main factor behind voting. I started off on a rough estate and now I'm middle class my politics haven't changed. Only my address. I note some are happy to vote off emotion or because their parents did. But others like to read all the manifestos and be more scientific. That, in my humble opinion, has more to do with how people vote. The Royal family (bless them) are academically challenged and yet very wealthy. Again, I don't think their wealth is down to their ability, more their entitlement. Another reason that effects the vote.