Doctor Who... Page 1,117

They do Dyspraxia but they've never done Psoriasis* I feel underrepresented

Well maybe once with the Master in the Deadly Assassin

Not enjoying the current series
Plotting substandard, explanatory dialogue jarring, shoehorned messages even more so
Characters not very well developed especially the Doctors

Moffat made me miss Russel T and Chibnall is making me miss Moffat already and I never thought that would happen

The Doctor's greatest enemies have traditionally been the Weeping Angels, the Cybermen, the Master, and the Daleks.

However, with the advent of Series 11, the main threat to earthly civilisation appears to be middle-class white men.

So great was the perceived threat from this source that they appear to have been decimated prior to the new Doctor's making her first appearance.

No doubt we'll see how she did it in a forthcoming 'prequel'.

Social media was apparently alight last night after the latest Doctor Who episode suggested that the female Asian copper might actually be a lesbian Asian copper.

How long will it be before Jodie comes out?

I can see it now:

LESBIAN ASIAN COPPER: Doctor, I have to warn you that anything you say will be held against you.

DOCTOR: Your tits!

On last night's edition of "Have I Got News for You?" the panel were discussing the Brexit TV debate, when it might be televised and what other programs it might be up against.

One of the potentially opposing programs is apparently "Doctor Who" which caused Jennifer Saunders to say "Actually, Doctor Who will probably be delivering its lecture on colonialism and the collapse of the British Empire so it's probably worth missing that."

It seems I'm not the only one who thinks the good doctor has lost his way recently.

Apparently, Jodie Whittaker is to make a further series of Doctor Who.

Actors looking for a part in the new series are advised that middle-class, educated, physically fit, heterosexual white men need not apply, according to a BBC memo.

A source close to the BBC told me the original memo said they "can f**k off and die" but that this was changed to "need not apply" shortly before publication.

I hear that there will be no new series of Doctor Who in 2019. Instead, fans will have to wait until 2020 to see Jodie and her crew do battle against political incorrectness.

During the recent series, consolidated viewing figures declined steadily from an encouraging 10.54 million for episode one down to only 7.03 million for episode eight. Viewing figures for episode nine and the finale episode have yet to be announced.

I didn't watch the finale episode but I'm told that a terrifying intergalactic monster was defeated by Bradley Walsh.

You couldn't make it up.

Well, you could actually but if you did you'd never have the nerve to write it down.

Unless you're Chris Chibnall, of course.

I haven't copped a view since Rosa Parks, but I hope they get the Dangerous Mouse geezer from Pointless to star as a guest villain and rile Bradley Walsh.

The BBC's entertainment correspondent Mr Lizo Mzimba (note to self: move swiftly along) has announced that last night, fire broke out in the Doctor Who script department but it was brought under control before any serious good was done.

I wasn't heartbroken when I heard that the series was taking a year off
I thought that the "Moon is an Egg" and "Zombie Cyber Lethbridge Stuart" were bad
But this series has been abysmal
I almost liked the one with the two aliens racing and the one with the Amazon parody, and Alan cumming was entertaining.
I know It's meant for Kids and that's why it's probably so clunkingly preachy these days.
But I think it's a shame, how badly they've managed this show since the reboot.
It had so much promise originally and many great episodes

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th December 2018, 2:34 AM

I know It's meant for Kids and that's why it's probably so clunkingly preachy these days.

Is it meant for kids? I thought it was meant for sci-fi nerds, certainly they are its most vocal fanbase. A family show yes, with many kids staying fans as adults and watching it with their kids. I forced myself to watch an ep or two of this series when I heard how bad it was and I can confirm it is indeed preachy, so much so I've written to the BBC complaining of political indoctrination, a thing they are meant to be devoid of. It was a family show when you and me were kids but I don't recall it preaching to me ever. So why now? (We know the answer)

The set up seems to be Female Doctor leader with cool young Bame sidekicks and a middle aged white male incompetent she shouts at occasionally to make us all know she's in charge. They encounter situations highly contrived to convey a modern multicultural politically correct condemnation of white man's past crimes of colonisation, subjugation and demonization of ethnic minorities and females. Throw in the odd unscary villain from The Great Model Railway Challenge in a rubber suit as a token gesture to what it once was and you have a disjointed gloopy mess of show with a lead actor more miscast than Arnie Sczhwart...er Sly Stallone playing Mr. Bean. End it again ffs.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th December 2018, 9:11 AM

It was a family show when you and me were kids but I don't recall it preaching to me ever.

Barry Letts wasn't above a bit of liberal preaching when Pertwee tackled themes of ecology, apartheid and military pigheadedness. But I didn't mind it, as it didn't seem shoehorned in with a ruddy geet shovel.

The fact it was conveyed in what was imo the best period of the whole show with real sc-fi themes in a John Whyndamesque style with the Brigadier being one of if not the best accomplice of the Doctor however unsuccessful his missions were against giant maggots and other mutations mitigates this. As I say, for me. And it was subtle because I never noticed it. The Goodies were doing less subtle anti apartheid stuff at about the same time. It was all pretty unpreachy anyway.

Yes, the Pertwee musings on political themes were more like witty throwaway barbs, rather than a hideously constructed mainframe on which to try to tack on some awkwardly contrived sci-fi plot strings.

Most Doctors (versions of the Doctor?) seemed to think that humans were the stupidest race in the galaxy, despite the resemblance.

There used to be a bit of that but I find it hard to see any of these post revival series characters looking anything else than modern day humans wearing contemporary fashions, where as the old doctors used to be anachronistically dressed in garish coats and hats.

I'll add another observation correct or not it's just a hunch but convinced that the first non Christmas Day showing of a DW ep is part of its modern non western tradition/politically disturbed agenda that's causing so much comment.