Toast Of London - Series 3 Page 3

A very enjoyable episode, it's really hitting its stride now. Loved the Purchase brothers, and the duelling eyes scene was hilarious. Can't wait to catch up with the first two series. And I got Snuff Box DVD for a pound today, so I'll be catching up with that other Berry vehicle as well over Christmas.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th December 2015, 10:13 AM GMT

Harry Peacock is very well built isn't he? Lucky old Katherine Parkinson.

Wasn't that the same appendage Mark Wahlberg used in Boogie Nights?

Quote: chipolata @ 18th December 2015, 10:45 AM GMT

Wasn't that the same appendage Mark Wahlberg used in Boogie Nights?

It *may* have been, but it was hard to determine under that nappy-like thing he was wearing.

I was writing more of Peacock's rather fetching torso. Mmm. Mind you, didn't his father, Trevor Peacock, strip to the waist during an episode of One Foot In The Grave - the very same one that Victor was memorably buried in his own back garden?

It's a bit of an odd question, but how tall is Matt Berry? He's often seen wearing cuban heels, which is a bit of a giveaway that he's a short arse.

TBN - you have a Peggy rival. :O

I can't find anything remotely funny about this sitcom

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th December 2015, 12:44 PM GMT

It's a bit of an odd question, but how tall is Matt Berry? He's often seen wearing cuban heels, which is a bit of a giveaway that he's a short arse.

Apparently he's about 5'8".
(To me that's fairly tall.)

I really want to like this, and it does have some very good moments, but it just seems to have something missing. I guess maybe due to the fact that it's fairly repetitive. The conversations with his agent and Ed are pretty indistinguishable for example, episode to episode.

Quote: Millsy @ 5th January 2016, 12:54 PM GMT

I really want to like this, and it does have some very good moments, but it just seems to have something missing. I guess maybe due to the fact that it's fairly repetitive. The conversations with his agent and Ed are pretty indistinguishable for example, episode to episode.

Did you watch the first two series? I think they had more Laugh Out Loud moments. Series 2 began a bit slowly/unevenly, but then gathered some steam.

Quote: bushbaby @ 3rd January 2016, 12:15 PM GMT

I can't find anything remotely funny about this sitcom

It's an acquired taste, might be worth the effort?

I was listening to the Adam Buxton podcast featuring Matt Berry last night: https://soundcloud.com/adam-buxton/ep33-matt-berry - it's well worth it, I kept on guffawing. During the interview Berry talks about the influences behind his distinctive 'actor's' voice and it's none other than Malcolm McDowell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgl0zKCw2Po

Watching repeats of this, brilliant.

Quote: Will Cam @ 9th December 2018, 7:49 PM

Watching repeats of this, brilliant.

Yes, I can hear you Phill Camdango!

I think "Toast" is absolutely classic Marmite.

Some love it and some hate it. Almost nobody is indifferent to it.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the series.

P. S. Toast and Marmite - do you get it? :D

Quote: George Kaplan @ 9th December 2018, 8:06 PM

Yes, I can hear you Phill Camdango!

:D

I've still never seen this.

what are you waiting for man?