The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 691

Watching Spurs v City. Don't know which is worse, City's shitty purple and orange kit or the dreadful pitch with all that shitty NFL garbage on it.

Just watched "Bobby", the 2016 film of Bobby Moore's career & life, on BBC2 (not the 3 part dramatization that was on a year or two ago). Very enjoyable & nostalgic, albeit with the inevitably sad ending. Available on the iPlayer if you missed it.

Just goes to show that employing a great footballer as a manager doesn't guarantee success

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46116312

Quote: Chappers @ 6th November 2018, 11:19 PM

Just goes to show that employing a great footballer as a manager doesn't guarantee success

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46116312

Witness the subject of the preceding post. :( England

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th November 2018, 4:09 PM

Witness the subject of the preceding post. :( England

Did any of our only ever World Cup winning team become a successful manager? Maybe Jackie Charlton was the best. Bobby Moore, Alan Ball, Geoff Hurst all had a go but hardly could be called successful.

Jst watching Letterbox on BBC2. Joe who played for WBA is playing. I'm trying to work out who he is as he looks like 70s or 80s.

A sign of the times. On a Question of Sport Matt Dawson had to think of some sportsmen's names that have football teams with United in their name. After Manchester he said Sutton.

Woke up early to watch Aston Villa stomp Birmingham City. Nothing like drinking beer with the neighbors at 6 AM.

Fridge full of bottles of Sol in anticipation of the Wolves v Town match this aft.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th November 2018, 5:00 PM

That is brilliant:D

Wally Downes the new AFC Wimbledon manager, Glyn Hodges his assistant and a red card in tonight's EFL Trophy game. The Crazy Gang are back!

It'll be lonely this Christmas, lonely & cold...

Utd is a poisoned chalice and will stay so for a generation . What manager can stand on a touchline facing giant letters spelling out Sir Alex Ferguson while having SAF and Sir Bobby sat behind them watching along with 78 ,000 fans looking for instant results and sweating over every decision they make in relation to tactics and purchases. For me Zindane is not the answer as all he will do is raise and dash expectations.

I would go with Carrick as he would not be under anywhere as much pressure as a 'Top Flight Bod' And Utd could then invest in youth and show a direction of travel in the longer term rather than yet another quick fix that is destined to fail due to the clubs recent winning history and fans that have not and will not lower their expectations unless faced with the reality of a 'New Build' that requires everyone to get behind a manager and Carrick is that man in my eyes .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 18th December 2018, 1:19 PM

Utd is a poisoned chalice and will stay so for a generation . What manager can stand on a touchline facing giant letters spelling out Sir Alex Ferguson while having SAF and Sir Bobby sat behind them watching along with 78 ,000 fans looking for instant results and sweating over every decision they make in relation to tactics and purchases. For me Zindane is not the answer as all he will do is raise and dash expectations.

I would go with Carrick as he would not be under anywhere as much pressure as a 'Top Flight Bod' And Utd could then invest in youth and show a direction of travel in the longer term rather than yet another quick fix that is destined to fail due to the clubs recent winning history and fans that have not and will not lower their expectations unless faced with the reality of a 'New Build' that requires everyone to get behind a manager and Carrick is that man in my eyes .

It's great isn't it! Remember the last time they had a good team? Before the ferguson era I mean. Well they eventually got relegated!

I bet you're loving their current run of form aren't you. They're gonna end up in the top four and your listless Chelsea aren't. Sarri now adopting the Mourhino tactic of criticising his players, wonder how well that works. In April you'll be taking on Kerry Dixon as caretaker manager.