Sponge - Dark comedy - FLOCK DIRECTORS

Hello all.

Here's the last of our little silly skit. What would you do to keep a loved one alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pft4YcX6FzM&t

Much love
FLOCK DIRECTORS.

P.s. Anyone got any right ideas of places to post these things. We are epically shite a promo! ;)

That was very funny

Thanks very much Flook!

Im still cringing :)

Ha. We still were when we finished it off (so to speak)

What made you choose a geezer instaed of say daughter -wife ?

I don't think it would have come across as comedic in this case.

I thought you would say that
Would have been interesting to see the second version with the wife, played straight of course.
Anybody else have an opinion ?

As it stands, the sketch would do well on a gay/incest website.

Not an ideal situation, unless that was what you were aiming for, but if you change the sexes and/or the ages and/or the relationships of the characters, you're still going to offend people as you introduce a different set of taboos and possibly a number of criminal situations.

It's a question of whether you want the sketch to be funny or whether you want it to be shocking. If you want it to be both, it then becomes a question of how shocking you need to be in order to maximise the funniness.

Perhaps the least-shocking combination would be a wife visiting her husband but the sketch would clearly be funnier and better if it had more shock value than that.

The best (or least bad) all-round option in my view would be a middle-aged man in bed being visited by a young (but 18-plus), attractive female neighbour. Yes, I know it's terribly un-PC and it will certainly ruffle feathers in this day and age but I think it remains the best-balanced option from both a comedic perspective and the perspective of overall social acceptability. It also has the advantage of being unlikely to make viewers vomit onto their living room carpets.

Good post
I dont disagree...
It would make a funny animation -leaving out the viewers prurience of course
Its about the discovery that simulation 'somewhere below' revives the patient. Having the ping of a heart monitor flat line then perk up would drive that home.

Keeping up appearances
I can see the perplexed looks on Holby staff as word of the miracle spreads..and poor old Hyacinth Bucket cannot not stop because Richard immediately sinks back. Richard doesn't seem aware and perkily chats away. Hyacinth is very discomforted and a nurse takes over. Scene dwindles away unresolved to emerge with the shift cleaner, slumped on a chair in his free hand..texting home that hes had a promotion.

Blimey, I'd say we were trying to achieve exactly the opposite of how you describe it. Many reason why not to go as dark as you say. This is at heart about a sons poor relationship with a father. Time being something they wish they had more of. Not to be hightened for not so great shock value. Play for shock is kinda dull.

Gay insest website, does the Monty Python parrot sketch need to be put in a parrot website?!

I didnt really understand your coment but I will shut up.

No worries, I struggled with the reasoning the other man gave also I'm afraid.

I guess all these things are what you choose to do, the aftermath is just chatter.

Im confused.
It was a comedy right ?

You'd think! Lets leave this here.