2point4 Children not released in 2010 Page 3

Do I get counted as one of them? haha

Not quite.

Aaron - was there ever a reason why series 4 onwards was never released on DVD?

Lack of demand? It was a big hit in the 90s. Hence lots of series.

Some beautiful person has uploaded all of them on youtube, but the picture quality isn't the best but beggers cannot be choosers.

Yep, seems a bit strange. I think it was a really underrated series. It never seems to get repeated.

Was actually quite dark in places if I recall.

I had quite a thing for Clare Buckfield when she replaced Clare Woodgate.

Gary Olsen was fantastic - he was like a real life Homer Simpson in many ways.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 7th September 2018, 10:21 PM

Aaron - was there ever a reason why series 4 onwards was never released on DVD?

Yeah: Series 1-3 cost so much, and sold so little, that the company nearly went bankrupt.

Licensing is much more sensibly priced now, but whether put off by the previous poor sales or just not got around to it, no one else has resumed or restarted the releases.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 8th September 2018, 4:22 PM

Was actually quite dark in places if I recall.

Very dark in places! And hella wonderful. It really needs a full release, to be properly available again, exhibited and appreciated for Marshall's genius. Run of the mill domestic sitcom it certainly was not.

Quote: Will Cam @ 8th September 2018, 10:53 AM

Yep, seems a bit strange. I think it was a really underrated series. It never seems to get repeated.

What about Bill and Rona? Two different but both very attractive actresses.

Didn't a similar thing happen with Birds Of A Feather or The Liver Birds, but they got released? The Liver Birds got a few series released but I don't know why its' stopped being released. Maybe 2Entertain or Acorn Media could pick up 2point4 Children and just release the complete box set instead of individual releases.

Quote: Wheel @ 21st November 2018, 3:51 PM

Didn't a similar thing happen with Birds Of A Feather or The Liver Birds, but they got released?

I'm not sure 2point4 children is as well remembered, despite it getting high ratings for years. It wasn't repeated much, and I expect My family filled the same void for a lot of people.

UKTV Gold are repeating the series from the beginning in January 2019, it has been confirmed.

Wonderful news!

Quote: Aaron @ 30th November 2018, 2:43 PM

Wonderful news!

Could a rerun on Gold maybe to get Network or Simply Media as examples to try and get rights for a DVD release. If plenty of people tune on Gold then maybe it could be worth it. Brilliant news though.

Sometimes repeats come ahead of an already-being-worked-on release.

Quote: G180e @ 30th November 2018, 2:37 PM

UKTV Gold are repeating the series from the beginning in January 2019, it has been confirmed.

I hope they don't stop at series 3!