What are you watching on TV? Page 2,136

A fix on Strictly Come Dancing

Quote: Wheel @ 25th November 2018, 7:46 PM

A fix on Strictly Come Dancing

In what way? The 4 best dancers are still in it.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th November 2018, 9:01 PM

In what way? The 4 best dancers are still in it.

It's just that Ashley shouldn't have been in the dance off and Lauren should have gone home as for last 2 weeks shes been bottom of leaderboard

It's to do with the "popular vote".

If you think about it people only have one vote. If they vote for the ones at the bottom that they like the ones at the top don't get any votes.

Ashley isn't going to get the public vote as she went in already a great dancer. (It doesn't bother me, but it does a lot of people.)
Anyway, the longer AJ stays in the better. :)

Bought a new 4K LG TV this weekend. Everything looks 'too real'. Apparently it's called the 'soap opera' effect which makes everything look like it's filmed like Eastenders. It's something to do with the TV filling in between the frames to make it run smoother. I've had to google how to turn it off because it's unwatchable on anything other that sports.

Quote: zooo @ 25th November 2018, 10:52 PM

Ashley isn't going to get the public vote as she went in already a great dancer. (It doesn't bother me, but it does a lot of people.)
Anyway, the longer AJ stays in the better. :)

It's a different type of dancing she did in the pussycat dolls to SCD though. I don't think she had any advantage.

AJ is still in because girls fancy him

Quote: Wheel @ 25th November 2018, 11:50 PM

AJ is still in because girls fancy him

I think that's a bit of a naive comment.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th November 2018, 7:25 AM

I think that's a bit of a naive comment.

Well they're not keeping them on him on ability. If it was on ability they would have gone last night.

I'm a celebrity ...etc

Twitter is alight with love and praise for Anne Hegarty. What am I missing?

Quote: Wheel @ 26th November 2018, 7:51 AM

Well they're not keeping them on him on ability. If it was on ability they would have gone last night.

Lauren's ability, not AJ's though. He's a wonderful dancer.

Quote: Wheel @ 25th November 2018, 11:50 PM

It's a different type of dancing she did in the pussycat dolls to SCD though. I don't think she had any advantage.

Like I say, I'm not one of the viewers who minds if people with dance experience come on the show, but she does of course have an advantage to people with no dance experience. She's used to dancing in front of millions of people, used to memorising long and complicated dance routines. She's even done some ballroom/Latin type dancing in some of their old music videos.

Quote: zooo @ 26th November 2018, 10:46 AM

Lauren's ability, not AJ's though. He's a wonderful dancer.

Like I say, I'm not one of the viewers who minds if people with dance experience come on the show, but she does of course have an advantage to people with no dance experience. She's used to dancing in front of millions of people, used to memorising long and complicated dance routines. She's even done some ballroom/Latin type dancing in some of their old music videos.

Valid point as Faye from Steps who is the 2nd best dancer there and she was also in a group. I think it's good that singers are allowed on as it gives the something completely different for most of them.

Oops I did mean Lauren not AJ my mistake there

I'd love a series where the public take part though

Quote: Wheel @ 26th November 2018, 11:06 AM

Who would be interested in watching that though? The whole point of Strictly is that they're already celebs - well most of them - and nobody is being built up to be let down. That's Cowell territory and I have no interest in it.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th November 2018, 10:24 PM

Who would be interested in watching that though? The whole point of Strictly is that they're already celebs - well most of them - and nobody is being built up to be let down. That's Cowell territory and I have no interest in it.

I thought it be interesting to see normal people do it. It might get good ratings though like other talent shows with people in and plus the people who will be in will be the best from the auditions which wouldn't be shown on tv

Quote: Wheel @ 26th November 2018, 11:06 AM

Quote: Chappers @ 26th November 2018, 10:24 PM

Isn't that exactly what the proper "Come Dancing", introduced originally by Peter West and subsequently by Terry Wogan, was all about though?