TV Comedy Forum

I got this in my inbox and thought it might be of interest.

The Broadcast TV Comedy Forum takes place this week at the Soho Theatre. You can still take the opportunity to register, but hurry, space is running out fast!!! I’m delighted to announce that the full speaker line-up is now in place for the Broadcast and Paramount Comedy TV Comedy Forum, taking place on 23rd March 2007 at the Soho Theatre, London. Visit www.tvcomedyforum.co.uk for the full programme.

What Makes Great Comedy TV?

This is the question that over 120 leading comedy TV insiders will be focusing on this Friday at the Soho Theatre. With Panel Sessions, Case Studies and Q&A Sessions – plus a few surprises on the way, you can guarantee that you’ll be informed, provoked and entertained.

New Speakers Announced!

At this late stage huge names in Comedy are still confirming their participation and at the last minute we are also delighted to bring you news that both Fred Barron, Writer, Producer, My Family, Caroline in The City and Tom Hertz, Writer, Producer, Rules of Engagement will be joining the conference. They’ll be participating in a panel session looking at TV Comedy in the United States and identifying the opportunities for UK TV Comedy to make it big in the United States.

Don’t miss the opportunity to join with your peers at this inaugural event – register to attend by visiting www.tvcomedyforum.co.uk and make sure you have your say on the future of TV Comedy

Cheers B. I was going to attend this but found out it's £400 plus quid !

it's a great line up though

But what's 400 quid when Fred Barron's going to be there!

I heard about this, i hope there is some kind of transcript or overview of what's said.

I say we start a fund now for Mark and I to go next year. Angelic

(Well, me anyway.)

I hate conferences - the job is all yours Aaron!

I'd probably end up punching a few schedulers too so best I don't attend.

I'll keep an eye out for any transcripts / feedback of this year's conference and post anything I find.

Not if she`s saved and knows she`s going to Paradise she won`t, mate.

from Christine morris-write some more because I laughed my socks off.

Quote: Mark @ March 22, 2007, 12:13 PM

I'd probably end up punching a few schedulers too so best I don't attend.

who'd you punch first then ?!

Quote: Nick Rivers @ March 22, 2007, 3:55 PM

who'd you punch first then ?!

BBC3's schedulers. I know it isn't really their fault but they've got all those hours of TV to play with and all they do is repeat the same few things over and over again. They should broadcast some classic forgotten series as well IMHO (even if its at 3am... I can set my video).

To be fair to the BBC - BBC4 are getting the hang of varied repeats as we were discussing just the other day.

I think the schedulers you would want to punch would probably cancel at the last minute and send someone else.

rofl, very good, very good.

ajp29 - ha ha. Good joke!

Bump. Not sure if anyone is interested:

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcastnowPodcast.aspx?intStoryID=5

I recently found out that Fred Barron is married to Linda Barron - y'know she who was nurse Gladys Emanuel in 'Open All Hours'.

thanks zapster. i am interested.