George & Mildred Page 9

Just bought a very good used DVD of the film on eBay £2.12 inc. wasname - absolute bargain and will let you know what I think of it when I get a chance to view.

A question regarding the DVD. I've got 2 box sets of George and Mildred. One has a red cover and one has a orange cover
Which one is the newer one out of the two? I don't see why they released 2 versions the only thing that changed between the 2 versions was the cover!

My understanding is that the two DVD sets were released at the same time.

Why they have different covers is a matter for somebody with more expertise in the field of "George and Mildred".

Quote: Rood Eye @ 14th November 2018, 7:59 PM

My understanding is that the two DVD sets were released at the same time.

Why they have different covers is a matter for somebody with more expertise in the field of "George and Mildred".

I thought Network might have included the movie in the box set like they did with Bless This House

The orange is newer. I think they're redesigned slightly every time they reissue it in slightly different (i.e. usually slimmer) packaging.

Is the copyright year on the back of the sleeve not different between the two?

Quote: Aaron @ 14th November 2018, 10:24 PM

The orange is newer. I think they're redesigned slightly every time they reissue it in slightly different (i.e. usually slimmer) packaging.

Is the copyright year on the back of the sleeve not different between the two?

The one with the red cover has the copyright year from 2008 and the orange from 2016. I wonder why they didn't include the movie on the the orange set. They did for Bless This House and Please Sir!.

They've not licensed the film, so don't distribute it at all. Maybe in future they'll pick it up.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th November 2018, 12:49 PM

They've not licensed the film, so don't distribute it at all. Maybe in future they'll pick it up.

I wish they did for MATH film as it's rare to get
Not cheap to buy either

Quote: Wheel @ 20th November 2018, 12:55 PM

I wish they did for MATH film as it's rare to get
Not cheap to buy either

There's always other methods

Quote: jsg @ 20th November 2018, 1:02 PM

There's always other methods

Don't want to use any illegal methods.

Never mind some kind soul has uploaded the movie onto dailymotion into 2 parts. I'll watch it later on

You know Dailymotion is illegal too, right?

But yes. George And Mildred, Man About The House, Never Mind The Quality Feel The Width, The Alf Garnett Saga...

Quote: Aaron @ 20th November 2018, 1:25 PM

You know Dailymotion is illegal too, right?

But yes. George And Mildred, Man About The House, Never Mind The Quality Feel The Width, The Alf Garnett Saga...

Nope. I didn't know. I thought it was just like YouTube and it looks like it's a DVD copy been uploaded on to the site

Quote: Wheel @ 20th November 2018, 1:29 PM

Nope. I didn't know. I thought it was just like YouTube and it looks like it's a DVD copy been uploaded on to the site

Yeah, the platform is. Also like YouTube, any such content is illegal.

Quote: Aaron @ 20th November 2018, 5:14 PM

Yeah, the platform is. Also like YouTube, any such content is illegal.

We should be quite lucky then it's not being taken down. I hope Network gets the rights one day though.

Quote: Wheel @ 20th November 2018, 5:17 PM

We should be quite lucky then it's not being taken down. I hope Network gets the rights one day though.

Yeah, Dailymotion is a lot more lenient with this sort of thing than YouTube. Stuff doesn't generally get taken down on Dailymotion unless it's something very popular and very recent.

Aaron's right. If you're not going to buy the DVD at its current price, then fair enough. You could just watch it now, and if you find it for a better price, buy it then. Cool