RIP John Bluthal

From Citizen James to Spike Milligan's Q series to Minder (where he reprised his Jewish tailor role) to so much more.

As Spike Milligan wrote to him in 1977:
"Dear John,
Just to thank you very much for looking after my Mother on the trip. I am very grateful to you, and you really are a very fine human being, but just f**king temperamental. Still as you are Jewish you can't have it all ways."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/5107/john_bluthal_rip/

I think we more info. Why did he piss off his mother?

What are you talking about?

Time to look at Home Sweet Home, an Aussie sitcom created by Vince Powell, in which Bluthal plays an Italian migrant working as a cab driver in Australia.

I thought he pissed off Spike's mother while he was looking after her.

Very sad. Instantly thought of that scene in Dibley where he comes out on the radio, wonderful comic actor.

Wonderful actor. Frank Pickle was a joy of a character, and Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width is a favourite.

John spent many years living and working in OZ. RIP cobber.

RIP. I loved him in the Vicar of Dibley. Never watched him in anything else. Such a sad loss.

Never seen the Q series, Wheel? Or heard Hancock?

...mayherestinpeace...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th November 2018, 12:55 PM

Never seen the Q series, Wheel? Or heard Hancock?

...mayherestinpeace...

I have heard of Q series and Hancock but I've never watched them at all or listened on radio. I do love Sid James so I should go and watch it at some point.

Quote: Wheel @ 20th November 2018, 11:59 AM

RIP. I loved him in the Vicar of Dibley. Never watched him in anything else. Such a sad loss.

Made his name with his role as Jewish tailor Manny Cohen in the television series Never Mind the Quality, Feel the Width. I recall him in Aussie comedy Home Sweet Home.
Wave goodbye John.

Quote: Kenneth @ 18th November 2018, 1:47 AM

From Citizen James to Spike Milligan's Q series to Minder (where he reprised his Jewish tailor role) to so much more.

As Spike Milligan wrote to him in 1977:
"Dear John,
Just to thank you very much for looking after my Mother on the trip. I am very grateful to you, and you really are a very fine human being, but just f**king temperamental. Still as you are Jewish you can't have it all ways."

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/5107/john_bluthal_rip/

Really. That is interesting. John and Spike also worked together in Oz before he went to try his luck in the UK.

I remember him in several Q episodes.