Friends Page 12

Could they be any more repeated?

Quote: Lee @ October 15 2012, 9:37 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: Lee @ October 15 2012, 9:37 PM BST

Not anymore for me, don't have SKY. :(

They are all widescreen and HD now on Comedy Central but I don't have Sky any more either :( Cheers seems to be repeated daily on CBS Reailty or whatever obscure Freeview channel, if you're looking for another long running American sitcom classic :)

Now Cheers I could live with but not 24/7/365 ( like the young people say ) as the F word appears to be.

There's a 2 hour special of Friends (reunited) being released Feb. Kind of suggests all before wasn't special.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/12098533/Friends-reunion-confirmed.html

Tricky one to pull off (as my wife says).

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 14th January 2016, 10:21 AM GMT

There's a 2 hour special of Friends (reunited) being released Feb.

Documentary celebrating James Burrows, looks like the cast will be there talking about him (without Matt Perry)

Quote: jhmagic1 @ 16th January 2016, 4:37 PM GMT

Documentary celebrating James Burrows, looks like the cast will be there talking about him (without Matt Perry)

Yeah, even by the low standards they're usually held to, this "Friends reunion" was pretty bad.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 15th October 2012, 9:35 PM BST

Does anyone know if Friends is digitally preserved or are they being repeated from original acetate?

i.e. will the f**kin' things ever wear out ?

Angry

Quote: Oldrocker @ 15th October 2012, 11:42 PM BST

Now Cheers I could live with but not 24/7/365 ( like the young people say ) as the F word appears to be.

A man after my own heart. It must have ground him down.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 14th January 2016, 10:21 AM GMT

There's a 2 hour special of Friends (reunited) being released Feb. Kind of suggests all before wasn't special.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/12098533/Friends-reunion-confirmed.html

Tricky one to pull off (as my wife says).

Oh I can't f**king wait.

I referenced 'The One With The Inappropriate Song' this morning to Mr TBN this morning (who hadn't, as per usual, a clue what I was wittering on about.)

Who knighted Sir Mix-A-Lot then? Our own monarch?

Unbelievably overrated, Amusing in parts but nothing more and anyone that says its the best sitcom ever cant have watched many sitcoms.

Quote: Aid @ 18th November 2018, 7:06 PM

Unbelievably overrated, Amusing in parts but nothing more and anyone that says its the best sitcom ever cant have watched many sitcoms.

It's American. What do you expect? Humour?

Quote: Aid @ 18th November 2018, 7:06 PM

I don't think it's overrated at all. If you multiply the quality of the jokes in each episode by the number of jokes in each episode, you get a score that is probably unequalled in the world of TV sitcom. Of course, the quality of each joke is a matter of opinion but, if that opinion is mine, the quality overall is rarely less than top-class.

The problem with comedy is that it's a highly subjective commodity. My own personal view is that Friends is one of the funniest and most enjoyable sitcoms ever written. Anyone who says it isn't . . . is entitled to their opinion.

Counting the amount of "jokes" doesn't necessarily make it good though. As I said before it's American. I can't laugh at this stuff.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th November 2018, 8:15 PM

Counting the amount of "jokes" doesn't necessarily make it good though.

I agree, Chappers. My point about Friends is that it's packed with what are in my opinion top quality jokes.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th November 2018, 8:15 PM

As I said before it's American. I can't laugh at this stuff.

For me, American humour at its best, especially when it's New York and Jewish, is hard to beat.

Each to his own, of course.