I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,000

Just watching the Brexit debate in Parliament (I know, I'm a fool to myself). Anyone got a piss-up in a brewery coming up that they need to be disorganised?

You're right Mr Bunter , this disarray isn't helping. Ironic they are arguing about getting a better deal, by weakening our negotiating hand.

The trouble is many of the Tories sincerely believe that No Deal is the best deal, which goes against the rules of language for a start.

That's because it keeps getting referred to as "No-DEAL" or cliff-edge crashing out, when a more logical name is simply a WTO-exit, or exit to WTO rules.

Long before the 2016 referendum, some economists were saying that the UK pays more in EU fees than it would pay tariffs under WTO rules.

I don't think a WTO Deal is a simple name. Any name which involves a TLA isn't simple.

Ain't Black Friday awesome? Double the prices, double them again, quadruple them, billionuple them, and then once every ten years take1% off...

News thread, Mike!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 16th November 2018, 10:41 PM

I don't think a WTO Deal is a simple name. Any name which involves a TLA isn't simple.

How about "World Trade Exit" then. it has a nice ring

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th November 2018, 1:01 PM

News thread, Mike!

It's news out here!

New PM by Xmas putting fiver on it now. Who the eff is she kidding? Delivering what leave voters wanted. Eh? No Deal now the only way to deal with those mafia bastards. That's all it is a big European mafia controlling how we go to the toilet. Never mind the loo we need to remind those bastards of Waterloo, get the wellie boots on and kick their arrogant arse again. Boris would do it but alienate too many, Mogg would do it very politely I say if you don't mind I'm going to give you a punt up the posterior thank you most kindly'

But I'd rather have DD for D Day he'll get us out of the EU, they won't intimidate him. After that it's a new venture into an unknown world but I do not see why some are so petrified of it, the USA could triple tariffs on Euro cars if they wanted in retaliation. Trump is the exact President we need for backing GB and trading with them, China, Japan, Australasia and SA could do us just as well as red tape infested EU, or hopefully better. That's what the EU's really afraid of so let's get out of there and do it. Good riddance croissants and yoghurt, they have no place on our breakfast tables. What else have they given us? Diving and cheating in football. F.O. E.U.

It's taken two and a half years to get where we are now. I don't know what makes anyone think anything better can be sorted out in just 4 months, least of all under the leadership of David Davies, who, for most of those two and a half years was in charge of the negotiations and failed dismally to come up with anything, due to both idleness and incompetence.

For some reason some people seem to think that we have some importance in the world. We need to be pragmatic. Nobody cares about the UK (including the president of the USA, whose remit is solely to make America great again - not the UK). We are a debt-ridden, poorly educated small nation off the coast of mainland Europe with no power and which can't run a health service, or a train service, or a police force and has no manufacturing industry to speak of.

The politicians of both sides are only in it for themselves and will never agree anything. They will willingly take the UK over the abyss just to have their 15 minutes of postural fame. We should accept what is on the table, get on with our lives and get the politicians to start doing what they were elected to do - and which they have sorely neglected for the past 30 months: govern the country.

That all sounds better to remainers than Davies was constantly rebuffed by the EU suits for his hard Brexit stance and had zero help from remainer May. He left in protest at the softer than soft Chequers deal. Raab was employed in the post as a powerless puppet. We have been manipulated, bullied and blackmailed by the EU and that traitor May has given in to them.

The NHS, the welfare budget, housing crisis, rise in crime and quality of life have been greatly exacerbated by the limitless flood of immigrants the EU forces on us. The Police can't cope because the majority of organised crime now comes from immigrants we've let in who rule the streets with guns from the Balkan wars. The sheer ingratitude, lack of respect and hatred by some for our culture and history and social coldness has led to a criminal chaos where gangs run their empires with near impunity because they've overwhelmed our resources.

If Britain wasn't an important economic force in the world then why is the EU so determined to stop us leaving their club? Our single economy equals the sum of 19 of the 27 EU nations and is the 2nd largest in the EU, trading most heavily with Germany and France the 2 main powerbases of the EU.

And as for the US they know full well that as their closest ally who back them in almost everything they do they need us and need us to be powerful again. The very thing limiting our power and influence in the world is the bloated and arrogant EU who treat us with sneering contempt and dismissiveness for being reluctant Europeans but still want to take our money.

I accept that we should never have joined in the first place and I actively campaigned against it, along with those strange bed-fellows, Enoch Powell and Anthony Wedgwood-Benn, back in 1975. However, as much as I'd like to do so in many respects (not just apropos the EU) we cannot turn the clock back 43 years. Nor can we pretend those 43 years never happened and go back to where we were. I'd love to be able to get out on favourable terms and find everything in the proverbial garden rosy. However, we have to accept that that ain't going to happen, that we are where we are and, as I say, take the pragmatic way out.

Hey, at least you won't have to worry about getting drafted into the EU army recently proposed by Merkel and Macron. What a hoot; most of the EU can't even keep up with their NATO obligations.

The last I heard, none of Germany's submarines were able to operate, nor were any of their large transport aircraft. The majority of their fighter jets are not fully combat-ready. How the mighty have fallen...

The EU Army is the final delusion in the terminally grandiose EU. What do you expect from the two nations who produced ego maniacs Napoleon and Hitler who trampled all over Europe in their lust for world domination. Without the military might of the one nation who beat them both they will be doomed to failure. And they won't have our money anymore to build it with.

And the idea is nuts, it takes Nato forever to vote on any action, how long do you think it'll take the 27 EU states to agree on a response to a nuclear strike from Russia?