Getting the Christmas decoration....

A short video I made from royalty free images and footage about getting the Christmas decorations:

https://youtu.be/0FTwPRUqBuQ

I have a rather embarrassing confession to make.

I watched the video and, when it ended, I thought "I don't get it".

About ninety minutes later, even though I wasn't even thinking about it consciously, I got it!

Excellent work, Carlos!

Thanks Rood Eye, I'm used to people not getting my videos. My wife always says she doesn't get them when I show her, and then I hear her say bless him.

Marvellous, Carlos. Really professional looking and very funny. I was hoping to see you dressed as a spider at the end, but you can't have everything.

Thanks Beaky, I would have dressed as a spider if I'd have had the outfit.

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ 10th November 2018, 4:43 PM

I would have dressed as a spider if I'd have had the outfit.

Do you know where to find the best spider outfits?

On a website!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 10th November 2018, 4:59 PM

Do you know where to find the best spider outfits?

On a website!

That's a cracker of a joke :)

Love it.
I've noticed you've started subtitling your stuff?
Your accent's not that strong!

It's for his American audience.

I remember reading some years ago that 7.5 million people in Britain use subtitles when watching TV, even though 6 million of them have no hearing impairment. The explanation appears to be that dialogue that's perfectly clear to one viewer might not be clear to another - either because of an unfamiliar accent, the speed of the speech, the use of unfamiliar words or plain old mumbling.

Carlos has a perfectly clear voice, and I love the Welsh accent.

Quote: beaky @ 11th November 2018, 12:36 PM

Carlos has a perfectly clear voice, and I love the Welsh accent.

It's clear to me too but, because the Internet is a global broadcasting platform, I'm sure there are millions upon millions of people all over the world, some of whom are hearing-impaired and others whose English isn't fluent who will benefit from and be grateful for the addition of subtitles to his videos.

Quote: Lazzard @ 11th November 2018, 10:51 AM

Love it.
I've noticed you've started subtitling your stuff?
Your accent's not that strong!

Thanks Lazzard, the subtitles are more for Facebook. People tend to watch videos with no sound on them and it also makes them more accesible. It does take a bit longer to make each video now though.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 11th November 2018, 11:51 AM

I remember reading some years ago that 7.5 million people in Britain use subtitles when watching TV, even though 6 million of them have no hearing impairment. The explanation appears to be that dialogue that's perfectly clear to one viewer might not be clear to another - either because of an unfamiliar accent, the speed of the speech, the use of unfamiliar words or plain old mumbling.

My neighbor and I get together once or twice a week to drink a few beers and watch some shows (currently Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul, Ray Donovan, and Westworld.) We've started turning on the subtitles and it's made the experience a bit better. Some of it is because we tend to talk a lot during the shows, but I've also found that a lot of background dialogue and faint music that I normally wouldn't have heard is depicted in the subtitles.

I can handle most of the UK's accents, but sometimes the subtitles provide information that I would have missed. Often it's some obscure slang, or the name of a celebrity I've never heard of.

Subtitles good.

I also had to ponder this one, not being well acquainted with The Watchtower, as I always managed to scare away the Jehovah's Witnesses when they came knocking. I reckon this video would go over most people's heads unless the final second is accompanied by an image of a Christmas tree and/or Santa Claus with an interdictory circle.