Benidorm - Series 10 Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ 28th March 2018, 9:43 PM

Nope. They haven't confirmed Series 11 yet, but this being the last is extremely unlikely.

I noticed on Twitter that a fan asked Litten if they were filming this year and he said "no, not this year" implying that another series is probably on the cards but not until 2019-2020. They're doing a live stage show tour the end of this year instead, I was considering getting some tickets but after these last few TV series been not quite up to standard as the earlier series, I fear the stage show might not be as good either.

Quote: Monster mash @ 28th March 2018, 8:35 PM

Is there any truth that this is the last series?

We can only hope!

No, it is believed that more will come, with Derren Litten stating on Twitter that you 'should not believe what you read in the papers'. I paraphrase, but that is essentially what he said. He also said words to the effect that 'we will be on your screens for many more episodes to come'.

Details & tour dates of the live show from September to December this year:

http://benidormonstage.com/

Quote: Jonathan Dibb @ 4th April 2018, 8:02 PM

No, it is believed that more will come, with Derren Litten stating on Twitter that you 'should not believe what you read in the papers'. I paraphrase, but that is essentially what he said. He also said words to the effect that 'we will be on your screens for many more episodes to come'.

Flogging the proverbial dead horse!

Have I missed something, but in the previous series Rob Dawson had failed university and gone to work as a labourer for Tiger's father. Now he's flying in from South America with a Columbian girlfriend in tow and has flight tickets to Paris?

You know how much builders earn, right? Easy to save. If he's still doing that job.

I haven't watched this for years because I missed a bit. Presumably though it doesn't really matter.

Is Benidorm itself the constant factor or are there still characters from the first few series?

There does seem to be an unending supply of old comedy actors appearing.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th April 2018, 11:37 PM

Is Benidorm itself the constant factor or are there still characters from the first few series?

Bit of both. It's like any sitcom set in a shop: great device for a constant supply of new characters.

Quote: Aaron @ 11th April 2018, 10:56 PM

You know how much builders earn, right? Easy to save. If he's still doing that job.

Hell be a labourer at most and will be earning bugger all!
Have hale and pace really sunk so low - and as supposed police officers youd expect them to know cpr!

Off to see "Benidorm Live" at Southampton tomorrow. Asking for trouble I know but I couldn't resist seeing how they go about transferring it to stage.

Do let us know what it's like!

Is the general consensus that as soon as the Harveys left, the show became a bit naff? Like Last of the Summer Wine does abroad kind of vibe?

I think for a lot of people it went downhill, but "naff" wouldn't be the right word.

It would be possible to create a compilation of very funny bits from "Benidorm" but it would be very much easier to create an absolutely enormous compilation of bits that, like the cheapest of cheap pantomimes, rely for their laughs on outrageously camp characters, men dressed as women and references to sex, body parts and bodily functions.