The general pop/rock - music thread Page 175

I bought the Carole BS album. Very good.

I only heard the single and I found it very quirky and amazing lyrics. I often watch it on You Tube and for me it never dates,

Watching Bowie at Glastonbury from 2000 on BBC4. His hair looks just like the Man who sold the world cover.*

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 25th October 2018, 10:37 PM

I only heard the single and I found it very quirky and amazing lyrics. I often watch it on You Tube and for me it never dates,

Did you know she was married to Burt Bacharach?

*Interesting version of "Heroes". They can't replicate the Fripp guitar so they're using a totally different feel.

I didn't actually and I like an awful lot of Hal David / Burt Bacharach songs . I think Alfie by Cilla Black was a fantastic song but I never liked Cilla Black as a person .
I've taped the Bowie show after reading an article about it in the Guardian yesterday so I'll watch that tomorrow night and hope he does a few Ziggys and a cheeky rendition or Golden Years as I like his Soul train stuff.

Which band is easily convinced? Suede.
Which band is welcome at Amazon? New Order.
Which band is total shit? One Direction.

Micheal I've always wondered if you're being held against your will in a Christmas Cracker factory? Or if they're flat out trying to keep you away from it? Either way I have never seen such dedication to pun production .

Isn't punning the second worst form of wit?

If he's happy doing it then more power to his elbow, comedy is so subjective anyway Lofty and this was more about his tenacity /productivity .

I've just come home having seen one of my all-time musical heroes. The Roy Wood Rock and Roll Band. He genuinely is a musical legend. The founder of the Move, The Electric Light Orchestra and Wizzard. He has so many hits to his credit and can play any instrument he likes such as the bagpipes. A fantastic night and I met him in the local Wetherspoons pub before hand. I interrupted his curry to ask for a photo. A great show!

The last song? What else but "I wish it could be Christmas everyday!"

[quote name="Teddy Paddalack" post="1195187" date="27th October 2018, 3:49 PM" ]more power to his elbow .[/quote]
Even more?
I love cheesy pop puns. My personal favourites:
I told Geri Halliwell she had a clandestine relationship with my pet kangaroo. She wasn't convinced. She said, Is yer wallaby my lover?
David Bowie and I were watching Much Ado About Nothing when a female character left her purse onstage. I said, 'Whose is that?' Dave shrugged: 'Could be Hero's.'
I asked Tracy Chapman, What's the difference between teenage boys and words? She said, Words don't come easily.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st November 2018, 11:42 PM

I've just come home having seen one of my all-time musical heroes. The Roy Wood Rock and Roll Band. He genuinely is a musical legend. The founder of the Move, The Electric Light Orchestra and Wizzard. He has so many hits to his credit and can play any instrument he likes such as the bagpipes. A fantastic night and I met him in the local Wetherspoons pub before hand. I interrupted his curry to ask for a photo. A great show!

The last song? What else but "I wish it could be Christmas everyday!"

Read your post just before bed, and of course got earwormed with "I wish it could be Christmas everyday!"

Show us the pic then! (Assuming it's a pic of you and Roy, and not just his curry?)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 2nd November 2018, 7:12 PM

Read your post just before bed, and of course got earwormed with "I wish it could be Christmas everyday!"

Show us the pic then! (Assuming it's a pic of you and Roy, and not just his curry?)

I would if I could!

Nope

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd November 2018, 10:32 PM

nope

Where's Tarby when we need him? (IT expert.) :)

Elvis was upset when I accused him of misforming participles. He said, I'm all shook up.