What are you reading right now? Page 234

'Gone Girl' - Gillian Flynn. I'm still trying to decide who-done-it, the husband or not and don't dare anybody tell me.

This is going to hurt

An ex-NHS Doctors diary from his time on the wards.
His first book that spent over 6 months on the best-seller list. (last count 3/4 million sales) not bad for a first book

A proper laugh out loud book interspersed with tear jerkers.
As you can imagine, all sorts wander into hospitals.....

'Munich' - Robert Harris.

Ubu Roi again.

Quote: Briosaid @ 3rd October 2018, 10:15 PM

'Munich' - Robert Harris.

Any minute now and a good person will die.

To my surprise, it didn't end in a death . Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

'A Dark So Deadly' - Stuart McBride. A weird book - some horrific crime stuff but a lot of humour.

Can anyone tell me the name of that Agatha Christie book where there's a murder, a full-length investigation and finally they work out who it was?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 27th October 2018, 11:04 AM

Can anyone tell me the name of that Agatha Christie book where there's a murder, a full-length investigation and finally they work out who it was?

None of the books involve "they" working out who it was. Generally it's only a detective. Since most of the time they are solved by amateur/retired detectives you would argue that many don't involve a full-length investigation either.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 27th October 2018, 11:54 AM

None of the books involve "they" working out who it was.

Except those featuring Tommy & Tuppence of course.

Nirvana - a tour diary

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 27th October 2018, 11:54 AM

None of the books involve "they" working out who it was. Generally it's only a detective. Since most of the time they are solved by amateur/retired detectives you would argue that many don't involve a full-length investigation either.

Don't spoil a gag. I once had a line, 'What's the funniest thing Woody Allen ever did? Bonk his daughter.' It was repeatedly pointed out that she was rechnically etc, but this would spoil the fun: 'What's the funniest thing Woody Allen ever did? Bonk someone who was not actually his daughter but could legitimately be considered one in that their relationship...'
I know this is awful but I had to laugh: 'When Conrad submitted 'The Nigger of the Narcissus' to publishers, they objected to the word 'nigger' in the title, not because it was deemed offensive, but because they thought a book about a black man would not sell.' OUCH!

Roger Daltrey's new autobiography:

https://www.thewho.com/roger-daltrey-thanks-lot-mr-kibblewhite-story/

I'm writing my autobiography, 'My Struggle Against Anorexia'. Spolier alert... It's not so much sex and drugs and rock and roll, more Razzle, Sainsbury's wine and Geri Halliwell.

Are you buying a ticket for the Spice Girls get together?